Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Golden Rule Revisited

Recently, I was explaining to James about the Golden Rule. You all know how it goes. I explained that you do for others what you would want them to do for you. Well, I think he only heard "Go do to others what they do to you."

Shortly after our little chat, he and Megan got into a spat. She hit him and grabbed his toy. So, he promptly walked over, hit her and grabbed the toy back.

"James," I said in a disappointed voice.

"What?" He said. "It's the Golden Rule. I have to do it back to Megan because she did it to me."

Sheesh.

5 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

That is hillarious. I like his golden rule better. :)

KickButtMommy said...

James is so awesome! I love that.

D-dawg said...

ooohh that's tricky. So did he not understand it right or was he being sassy? I'm glad to hear other peoples kids are hitting and grabbing like mine (o:

David Paxman said...

I am so glad that you preserved that choice piece of history. So choice.
Love,
Grandma Kathryn, Missionary mom

Mindy said...

James is following a rule he considers more golden - an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Sometimes his rule seems more fair, which makes being a mommy so tough!