Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another Day the Diet Goes Down the Drain

Option A:

Eat this






Look like this








Option B:

Eat this








Look like this









I gotta tell ya, I'm leaning towards Option A. How about you?



P.S.

Those of you who can eat this








and still look like this need not reply




16 comments:

Keri said...

Natalie, you are so funny. I have seen women that look like that at our YMCA. I have asked a couple of them how much they work out and when. Both said all the time.One was embarresed to say. Sorry, I would rather have half the body and still be healthy than to look like that and live at the gym.Sorry. It is too much work and hello, I do have 3 kids. THey cant be at the day care all day.

Mindy said...

You post the best pictures of food on your blog! I especially loved the one a few posts ago with some delicious looking brownies. I think it is unfair that it takes so much work to look like option B. It should be a gift given to us for having children.

KickButtMommy said...

I decided if never eating anything I want is the cost of looking like that then what is the point? I think we can eat moderately and be moderately hot. So, I think I'll take that, option C.

Thanks for the laughs as always!

Jen said...

I saw a card the other day that said, "I am on a couple diets. I don't get enough to eat on just one!" I'd take that chocolate dessert right now if I could.

Anonymous said...

Cute post!! I'm on Option A myself. If you find something that motivates you to Option B let me know. I'm in need of some motivation myself.

Jeni and Dave said...

Unfortunately, I don't qualify for the "p.s." and I must reply! Thanks for the chuckle, and reminder of what I should be eating.

Judy said...

Dang it, I just love food too much! I'd definitely take the cake. I'm having a hard time getting motivated to eat better lately. Tonight we had Cafe Rio. MMmmm...

Mad Queen said...

Kim Bunton wrote that if she could change the world, the first thing on her list would be 1) everything that tastes good would keep you trim and everything that was less desireable would make you fat! Wouldn't that be nice? Great blog... entertaining as always. I have picked up running 3-4 days a week for an HOUR WITH HAND WEIGHTS and I STILL don't look anywhere CLOSE to this photo... not by a MILE. I think the older you get, the more the fat just sticks to you. I know I am more healthy now with my exercise, but I want to look GOOD in a swimsuit too! Oh well, can't win them all.

Rachael said...

So wait - was it the chocolate that was your downfall? What was the item that caused the shift? I'm totally curious... for me it's ALWAYS cookies - esp the chocolate chip cookie/girl scout variety :)

Evelyn said...

Oh boy! You are making me hungry!~
I have been negligent with my blogging lately- and so just read about Andrew's surgery! Natalie- I am so sorry you guys had to go through that. Glad it's over and that he is ok! Goodness! Dane has just had a few ear aches this month- and I've been going crazy over it because it is so painful, and makes him miserable. Hope this procedure will cure Andrew of these nasty things.

lani said...

Where can I get a piece of that cake?! Too good to just look at. I would love to look like picture A, but I like food just a wee bit too much.

Teuscher said...

love life- eat the the cake!

little miss shortcake said...

hm... i feel like i've been eating option b and still look look like option a!

Chad and Sara said...

Do you have a World Market? Or any groccery store that sells imported foods. There are this yummy chocolate cakes called Lava cakes from australia. They have only 1.5grams of fat and they are so good. They look just like the chocolate cake you posted. All the chocolate goodness and no guilt, what could be better.

Laura said...

HAHA! I SOOOO understand right now!! SO much to lose- yet I could really use that YUMMY cake right about now!

Jill said...

Do I need even answer this question!!??
The feet picture is so cute up top. I don't ever see blog pages often because of google reader just opening the post, so it's probably old news, but it's a cute pix!