The moment I knew I was expecting - and as soon as I came to terms with it - I knew, just KNEW I was having a boy. I have had a "feeling" with each of my babies, and I have been right every time.
With the previous four, each time I had this "feeling," I always kept it to myself. Not sure why. Maybe I didn't want to jinx it. How silly I know. Nevertheless, I kept my little revelations to myself.
Back to the present day. My instinct that this baby was a boy was sooo strong, I was almost cocky about it. I told everyone I was certain it was a boy. I thought about what boy things I had already gotten rid of and needed to replace. I thought about the new paint color I wanted to put in the nursery. All this stuff for a baby boy.
So, we go to the ultrasound last month and the doctor couldn't determine the gender (see here). No matter, I told myself. I KNOW it's a boy. The doctor did end the appointment by saying, "I think it's a girl, but I'm really not sure.
Sure, doctor.
What-ever!
My instincts defy medical science. We'll have another ultrasound in a month and wait for you and all your fancy equipment to catch up.
A friend asked me if I was excited for the ultrasound. "Sure," I said, rather blase. "But they're just going to tell me what I already know."
Finally, the day of the second ultrasound arrived. We had a nice long look at the baby.
AND IT'S A GIRL! And we're thrilled.

P.S. Some have said they can't figure out this picture. Look carefully - it's a 3D picture of my baby's profile from the side. Her hand is up close to her face, her fist right next to her nose. See it now?
15 comments:
Congratulations!!! You make such darling little girls, I know this one will be no different!
yay for another princess
Yeah! I am so ecited for you guys. Congrats!
In the word(s) of my favorite Biggest Loser Trainer, Bob Harper,
"WHAAA???"
This new revelation sort of blows my mind and also makes the universe feel a little bit off balance...
...but who can help it...
HOORAY for girls!
THAT IS SO FUNNY! Congrats! I sure she will be just as beautiful as her sisters!
Congrats! I just love dressing up little girls:)
and don't you feel so much more settled knowing what to expect. a GIRL! i hope to have one too someday. :)
i love ultrasounds, especially when they tell you everything you want to know.
Nat- I'm so excited for you. I was sure I was having a boy too. Three little girl cousins in a row- how fun! Taryn
Yay!
I knew that our first was a boy, Whitney was so sure actually everyone was except for Jenny. She said it was going to be a girl and she was right. I made our ultrasound technician check over and over and then my doctor came in and made sure for me too. Ha.
The clothes are on their way, they said they should be there by saturday.
So excited for you and your family Natalie. And also a little jealous! Congrats! When exactly are you due?
another little girl... congratulations!
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to meet her. (And I was POSITIVE Shayla was a boy--I thought Tyler was kidding when she was born and he said, "It's a girl!" I guess I can't be right ALL of the time :)
Your posts are always so funny. I guess at this point either gender would throw the balance off. Maybe she is a tomboy!
HURRAY for GIRLS! I am SO happy you get to end on a girl... hip hip hooray... not because they are necessarily easier (my Emma was the hardest child ever) but because they have really really really cute clothes and acessories! Is that horrible? Seriously, I have learned to love boy clothes, but still the girl lines are way better.
Thank heaven for little girls!
Oh, and I CANNOT figure out that WIERD photo at the end... I keep looking at it but my mind is baffled!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY DEAR FRIEND!
Tracey - it's a 3D ultrasound picture of my baby. It's a profile of her face with her hand right next to her mouth and nose. Check again. :)
Post a Comment