Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Take on 'Lost'

This one's for all you 'Lost' fans out there.

I'll admit that I didn't follow the TV show, 'Lost' initially. However, we got caught up through the DVDs and the very handy program put on by the network to get everyone up to speed for the two hour finale. After watching some of the DVDs, I had to take a hiatus from the show for a while after being freaked out by pregnant ladies getting kidnapped. Gave me nightmares.

Anyway!

Last night I decided to watch the finale to see if they ever got off that stinkin' island. And I decided that there's one MAJOR hole in the plot. Here it is: Over the course of three seasons, we see babies born and people die, we meet lots of new and complex characters ("the others"), etc, etc. But why is it that Hurley is still the same size after living on an island with supposedly very little food? Huh? Answer me that!

4 comments:

Judy said...

We have wondered the same thing!!! We are (or were) huge fans of Lost, too. We started with the DVDs last fall and were totally addicted. This season is the first time we've been current with the show and had to wait each week for the next show. I lost interest about half way through the season. I'm sure I'll go back and watch the shows I've missed, but it just got so dumb. I don't understand why they introduce so many new characters and twists without ever following up on the old ones. I did hear that they are doing a season 4, though, so I'm assuming they didn't get rescued on last night's finale!

KickButtMommy said...

I am with you on that. Then again if I were on that island I would probably gain weight when everyone else is losing.

Mindy said...

SPOILERS: Hurley's weight is part of the mystery of the island. I do think it's so cruel the way everyone is pointing out how big and worthless he is the last few episodes, though. But he showed them by saving everyone in the end! Go Hurley! And RIP Charlie. So sad.

And I know it's not healthy to be a married woman with crushes on TV stars, but it has to be even unhealthier to be caught in a love triangle with two TV stars. Desmond and Jack both have my heart and I just don't know whom I love more. I don't want to hurt either of them, and that's why this decision is so heart wrenching!

And I have had a theory about this show since the first episode of Season 1. I have heard other people claim this theory recently, but I SWEAR that I had it first. But I think this island is a sort of purgatory state, in between life and death. Thus, Hurley wouldn't be losing weight because he's not really alive anymore. It's just my theory. But I swear I'm right.

little miss shortcake said...

I think that it's ridiculous that after 3 years of doing the show, very little time has actually passed - for them its only been like 3 months. Maybe that's why Hurley hasn't lost any weight... plus they have that Darma Food.
What baffles me is the baby - it's only like 3 months old and I swear that it is bigger than my large 9 month old!
Oh yeah, and we thought it was purgatory, too, but the makers of the show said, on that special, that it is NOT purgatory... the mystery continues.