Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Virginia



Drew's Grandmother is one of my most favorite people. She passed away last Monday. I have tender feelings when I think of her. She always showed so much love to others and was charming to no end!

One of my favorite memories of her was a conversation we had. She asked, "Natalie, Dear, do you iron Andrew's shirts?" I was a little embarrassed and confessed that I didn't. "Well, GOOD!" she replied. "He should do it himself!" And to this day, he still does. Thanks, Grandma :)

Drew shared this quote when speaking at her funeral. I think it's a beautiful thought from Brigham Young: "We have more friends behind the veil than on this side, and they will hail us more joyfully than you were ever welcomed by your parents and friends in this world; and you will rejoice more when you meet them than you ever rejoiced to see a friend in this life; and then we shall go on from step to step, from rejoicing to rejoicing, and from one intelligence and power to another, our happiness becoming more and more exquisite."

When saying his prayers today, James asked, "Please bless Grandma and that she is having a good time up in heaven."

Drew was out of town last week to speak at her funeral and to be with his family. I love this picture of him with all his sibllings and mom. I am lucky to be a part of their family.

7 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Natalie we missed you so much. It's just not the same seeing Drew with out you. He was sad the whole time. Thanks for your thoughts. I really loved this blog.

KickButtMommy said...

Natalie, That is so nice that Drew could be there with his family. That is a beautiful picture. I am sorry about your Grandma Virginia!

D-dawg said...

I'm so sorry about your and Drew's grandma. That is really a great quote by Brigham Young. It is hard to imagine that to be true but I guess we really can't imagine at all what it will be like to be on the other side. I'm so glad we know what we know though. Sweet picture too!

Kelly said...

Natalie, I have to second Jess, we did miss you.

It ever be quite the same without her, will it?

Tonight Jenn was saying to Mom, "Time for the party, in heaven, with Grandma!" She thought we were going to get to join in, but I think she's right, they are celebrating up there for the life of an amazing woman.

Judy said...

So nice! I kept expecting to see a similar post on Kel or Jess's blogs, but I know they've been so busy with everything going on. That's great that Drew got to go out for the funeral and be with everyone, but how did you do all week being alone with the kids?? I'm sure that was crazy!

Mindy said...

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of Drew's Grandma. I think I had met her at James's baby blessing. Am I thinking of the right Grandma? I know she must've been a powerful lady because I can still remember her baring her testimony and some of the things she said.

I loved that quote by Brigham Young. What a comforting reminder of what awaits us on the other side. I can't imagine going through these moments in life without being able to draw on the strength and words of our prophets and apostles. Drew has a beautiful family.

Brooke said...

Natalie, We did miss you so much. What a blessing for Drew to have a supportive wife like you to help him be here. What a beautiful quote. Thanks for this post.