Thursday, June 21, 2007

Boys, Boys

I have done a few recent posts on my cute Megan.



Don't worry. I haven't forgotten the boys. Here's some of their latest and greatest:





Andrew LOVES to be outside. He cries whenever we have to go inside.

Here you see him getting ready to run through the sprinklers.

Ready. Set. GO!

His favorite song to sing over and over is "Rain, Rain, Go Away!"

He always says "Huggy" when he wants me to hold him.

He loves to eat three breakfasts.

First thing he says when he wakes up is "MoMMEE! TOAST!"

After he finishes the peanut butter toast, he likes to have a banana and some cereal.

Then, he sits on my lap while I eat my grapenuts & strawberries.

He repeatedly says "bite" until I give him plenty of bites.

Generally, I don't like to share my food.

But he's cute enough that I'll do it.


I always catch him blowing his nose. It cracks me up.

He does it correctly and into the tissue without my help.

He loves to have fresh water (or yah-yer as he calls it) before he goes to sleep.

He is still sooo tender and sweet and loves to give kisses.

And he has the cutest fuzzy neck and back ever.

Hee hee hee.




James is hilarious. He loves to keep track of time. Every day, we have the following conversation, at least a half a dozen times:


James: "Mom, how many more minutes until ___?"

Me: "About 45."

J: "How many seconds is that?"

M: "I don't know. A lot."

J: "NO, HOW MANY SECONDS IS THAT?"

M: "Let's see (45 times 60...) about 2700 seconds.

J: "Mom, stop making up numbers."

M: "I'm not making up numbers. That's a real number.

There are sixty seconds in one minute, and...

(then I try to change the subject cause I have a feeling he won't believe the explanation anyway)

J: "So mom, how many more minutes are left now?"

M: "Now? About 40."

J: "How many seconds is that?"
M: (In the background ready to pull my hair out)





James watched the new version of Charlotte's Web.

After the movie, he excitedly told me that some pigs don't die. They just go to the fair.


His school had an "Earth Day" and talked about recycling and taking care of the earth. Then they drew pictures and wrote what they were going to do to help take care of the earth. As a preface, James has seen his parents toss stale gum out of the window of the car while driving.

So, James's mission to save the planet reads as follows:

"I will save the earth by telling my parents not to throw their gum out the window."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable.

The pictures of Andrew remind me of Alex - especially the fuzzy neck and back. Ahhh the Smith genes.

And James - oh I feel your pain. We were buying paint yesterday for Sarah's room and the guy asked me for the measurements. I estimated the size of Sarah's room, and she corrected me right down to the half inch!

little miss shortcake said...

Cute kids! Love the 1st pic of Andrew getting ready to run through the sprinker.

Mindy said...

Your kids are so cute! They say the cutest things. I think our kids will be great friends. Kobe and James sound so alike. We go through the same questions every day. And the way the oldests take things so seriously, like saving the earth. So cute!

And Andrew is adorable. I, too, am very possessive of my food. But it's just the cutest to share bites with our babies. Did I mention this post was CUTE?

D-dawg said...

I love that Andrew is a little porker. He really is so cute with his big eyes and brown hair. My little Logan is furry too and I like it. And James is hilarious with his questions! Although I do see how that might get old after a few times. Cute cute kids Natalie. Are they getting excited for baby #4???

bsmith13 said...

Your kids crack me up. I remember when I didn't have as many miles on me, Justine was about 4 and asked me "how long until x?" I told her that I didn't know, but if she counted the doorknobs, that would help pass the time. She came back after about 10 minutes and triumphantly reported that we had seven doorknobs. I then asked her if she counted the doorknobs on BOTH sides of the door.

Natalie said...

Ok, Brad. I'm TOTALLY going to try that doorknob thing!

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of gum tossing too! Whoops! Your kids are so cute Natalie . . .