Monday, July 30, 2007

Birthday Marathon Part Deux


Happy Birthday, Drew!

Drew's birthday was on Saturday! The kids picked out some great treasures from the dollar store for them to enjoy with Dad. He was able to take advantage of the Nordstrom's sale with his parents generous gift. My parents also gave him a generous gift pictured below which he and I both love!

I got him some clothes from Old Navy, which he promptly returned. Those of you who know Drew will not be surprised. He went out later that day and picked what he really wanted. We went on a date that evening. Love date night! We saw Die Hard 4 (OK, as an action/adventure fan, I totally liked it), and then enjoyed some late night pizza. It was fun.




On Sunday, we had a birthday feast for James & Drew of ribs, corn on the cob, grilled zucchini and french bread. As you can see from Megan's face, the ribs were a little too spicy for her.

After the birthday cake, we did one of Drew's favorite things: A Sunday evening walk. Well, they walked. I waddled.

Fun stuff, fun stuff.

12 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to such a neat guy! Looks like you guys are living the American Dream!!

Judy said...

Well, Happy Birthday to...Drew and James and soon to Megan and Andrew and new baby Hoopes!

We saw die Hard last week,too, and I LOVED it! I like that kind of movie...action-filled but not scary or disturbing! Actually, I laughed through a ton of the action scenes, because they were so ridiculous! Surfing on an airplane...come on! ha

KickButtMommy said...

Looks like a great birthday!

D-dawg said...

I want a picture of you waddling! C'mon! Happy birhtday to Drew! It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. How old is he anyway? Is that ok to ask?

little miss shortcake said...

mmm... late night pizza. and a sunday evening walk - we love those too!

Michiko said...

Have you ever tried Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce? SOOO good. I'm addicted to the stuff right now. Happy Birthday to Drew!

Jessica Brown said...

Two laugh out loud moments of this blog:
First- Meghan's face. Thats hillarious.
And Second- the thought of you waddling. It's so true though, why do we have to waddle towards the end of our pregnancy? Is it just inevitable. Is there any avoiding it?

Anonymous said...

I gave Mark those same pots and pans for Christmas. They're too pretty to use!

Jenny G said...

Your family is picture perfect walking down the sidewalk.

Brooke said...

So I have to ask -- those pots and pans look like All-Clad, are they?

I love seeing your family-in-action shots. Little Andrew looks so cute pushing that stroller all by himself.

Happy Birthday Drew!

Natalie said...

Denae: No, it's not bad to ask that question! Not at all! I'll let Drew answer it, though :)

Brooke: Yes, they are All-Clad pots and pans. No more Tephlon (sp?) coating mixed in with our food! Yay!

Evelyn said...

Tell Drew we say Happy Birthday! Looks like you managed to make it a special day- despite nearing the end of your pregnancy. Hey, when I was in my last month, I could barely get off the couch, let alone make dinner and go on a walk. Great work Natalie!!