Thursday, July 26, 2007

Birthday Marathon: Part One

Beginning today, and for the next three weeks, five of our six family members will be having a birthday, a birthday party, a birthday dinner, or being born. So, here's the first in a series of posts about our Birthday Marathon, which happens every summer between the end of July and the middle of August. Let the festivities begin!!

Happy Birthday, James!

I can't believe he's already six. He is such a sweet kid, and I love having him around. I'm so grateful and lucky to be his mom. He's been wonderful all day today. Sharing his gifts with his siblings. Saying thank you without being prompted. Don't you love it when your kids are genuinely grateful?

The Birthday Gifts:




Thanks So Much to My Parents & Drew's Parents for the Perfect Gifts:


Taking a Ride on The New Wheels:

Working Hard Like a Paleontologist to Dig Up Those Dinosaur Bones!


We Finally Learned the Hard Way to Change Our Clothes and Do It Outside:


For Dinner, Pizza (From a Restaurant, Mom!) Followed by a Fun Soccer Game, and Brownies for Dessert:
Gems of the day:
*Now that I'm six, I think I'm a little bit taller.
*Mom, am I going to be the first grown up in our family? I mean out of the kids?
*I was wanting to play soccer today!
*Wow! Today I didn't even remember to wiggle my loose tooth! I was having too much fun all day.
*Stay tuned for a couple of family birthday dinners, a couple of friend parties, three more birthdays, birthday cakes, and more presents. If this all doesn't put me into labor, then I don't know what will!

10 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Wow, what a cute birthday boy! He is such a doll. I love that he is going to be the first grown up in the family. I love too that all your kids birthdays are so close! You are a busy mama considering what you are about to go through, and HEY! WHEN DID YOU GET A PIANO? I love it, and I know you have wanted one for so long!

D-dawg said...

Happy Birthday James! He's so cute Natalie. I'm glad he had such a great day. And I hope all of this does put you into labor, I can't wait for you to have your baby!!

Laura said...

Smitty- HOW FUN!! Looks like he had a wonderful birthday! You are such a great mom!

Laura said...

PS- any idea what you are going to name the new little one?

Natalie said...

Heather: Yes, I love our piano! We got it about a month ago, and for free!!
Laura: We have no idea what we're going to name the baby ~ agh! Any ideas? :)

little miss shortcake said...

5 B-days?? Wow!
Happy B-day to the b-day boy!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday, James! What a fun day! It must be crazy having all these birthdays so close, but at the same time, how fun to have a 'birthday' time of year and to get them all over with at once. Good luck, as you are sure to go into labor soon!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, Of all the birthdays to have on its own, I'm glad it's yours in November. You deserve that solo spot because you work so hard to make everyone else's birthdays feel special. Happy Birthday to all the rest!!

Jessica Brown said...

Yay! Happy Birthday James! I love you! Give him a hug and a kiss for me!

Evelyn said...

Cute pictures Natalie! You are too funny. I seriously crack up when I read your blog. I love it. James is such a sweetie. Cutest little sayings. It's so neat that you've recorded it. He'll laugh so much when he's a grown man.