Friday, July 13, 2007

Copy Cat

I have seen lots of great ideas on other blogs. Great ideas for layout, posts, and the like. But, I feel kind of lame copying other people's great ideas. So, I try to come up with a sneaky version of copying them, all the while hoping that no one will notice what I'm doing.

I've decided to give up on trying to fool you all. Here's an idea that I'm flat out copying from my friend Mindy's blog. Sometimes people play 'tag' in the blog world. They tag you with the challenge to answer certain questions on your own blog. My friend received a tag and gently encouraged other people to participate as well. The challenge is to write a few things about yourself.

Here goes:

1. I love driving a mini-van and I still feel cool doing so. Dual sliding doors? What's not ultra cool about that? I mean, seriously. Anyone who is afraid to take the mini-van plunge simply does not know what they're missing.

2. I am a complete sugar addict. After pouring a bowl of frosted mini wheats in the morning, I remove the mini wheats that don't have enough frosting before pouring my milk. And since we're speaking about food, you may as well know that I would choose a rich, decadent, and especially chocolate dessert over a fruit dessert any day. That's right. Bring out the hard core desserts for this girl.

3. When I pick up a magazine, I like to read it through from the back to the front. This makes me feel like I'm tricking the editors by finding all the good stuff first.

4. I have lots of pet peeves. Wasting food. People who brag. When the passenger sitting in front of you on the airplane reclines their seat (into your face). Let's stop there.

5. Although I know it has it's purpose, the wind is my least favorite element. Seriously, I do not like being outside when it's windy. Especially extreme wind. Light breezes are fine. But keep them light. Guess you can tell that I grew up in a valley, huh?

6. Exercise videos used to be my favorite way to get fit. My sister would tease me because I would sit comfortably on the couch and watch them. My excuse was that I needed to see them before I did them. Come to think of it, I'm sure it did look pretty funny to see me sitting on the couch with the remote and watching rather than moving. By the way, have you ever noticed how funny the exercise ladies look when you press fast forward?

7. I love humor that has sarcastic undertones.

OK, now I'm going to 'tag' any of you who read this to make your own list of seven things about yourself to post on your blog.

7 comments:

D-dawg said...

ok the exercise video watching is SO funny!!! I can relate with you on the sugar addiction and the wind... it is my worst weather too... it is so annoying! I liked learning more about you.

Judy said...

Hey, I'm with you on copying other ideas! I just posted a slide show, which is an idea I stole off of my friend. :)

I'll take you up on your challenge some time soon!

Anonymous said...

Do I detect a sarcastic undertone about the mini-van? Because I hate hate hate driving a minivan. Hate it. There's no possible way you could be serious and still be biologically related to me.

Natalie said...

I hate to say it, Heather, but I am being serious. I really do love driving my mini-van. So, tell me about why you dislike it so(Maybe a subject for your next blog post?). Regardless, I'm pretty sure we are still related...

KickButtMommy said...

I love this glimpse into your personality Natalie! I am with you on the minivan. I CAN'T WAIT to get one. Of course you saw my car and rode in it packed full of kids so I am sure you can see why! I will try to do this, but these personality things stress me a bit. What is interesting about me? hmmmm.

Mindy said...

I love minivans, too!!!! I think it had something to do with the fact that we had one of those big ol' honker vans growing up. So the minivans looked so cute and stylish. And now they've modeled them even sleeker in my opinion. I love the way they drive, I love all the space. I do feel cool driving one.

Chocolate is my preferred sweet, also. And the exercise video thing is hilarious! I loved learning these things about you!

little miss shortcake said...

I am with you on the wind and the airplane recliners! Especially when that seat was supposed to be empty but they move over to have some more space and recline it into the infant on your lap.