Preface: Please ignore the tacky linoleum and outdated style of my floor. What I really want you to focus on is the dirt...
See my kitchen floor? It looks pretty gross. Want to know the saddest part? I had just mopped it. TWICE. And less than 24 hours prior to this photo being taken.
Crumbs? Please! Those are no problem. You just have to sweep them up.
Nope. Our messes are much more complex.
Here's a glimplse of what lands on my floor (in one day) during the waking hours of my children: cantaloupe, spaghetti, noodles, bread sticks, chocolate chip mint icecream, a lime Popsicle, peanut butter & honey toast - face down, of course - milk, milk, and more milk, macaroni & cheese, gala apples, lots of wheat thins and possibly a chip or two. Let's not forget the always sticky apple juice.
Sigh.
11 comments:
What are you doing mopping your floor while you're nine months pregnant anyway? I think you have a valid pass from mopping until the baby's born. Besides, can you really see the mess down there anyway? I say, if you can't see it, then it doesn't exist...we'll but then that's why my closets look the way they do! Maybe you shouldn't follow my advice.
We have a great vacuum cleaner that gets the job done. His name is Walter.
Yes, I have a white tile floor. Total pain! I must mop it up every day. Why bother?
You need a dog. One like Millie who not only scarfs up crumbs, but even licks the floor.
Oh - and the best part? Millie keeps the kids from getting in trouble when they don't like their dinner because they feed it to her.
You do need a dog! That's a great idea. Accept for that might make him sick to lick up dirt. Natalie no more house cleaning for you! Your 9 months pregnant! Kick up your feet, eat some chocolates and watch a Meg Ryan movie. Thats not a request thats an order!
Natalie,I am so sorry! I had actually been thinking about posting something about this cause it recently happened to me. I mopped and within a few hours it trashed again!! And toast ALWAYS goes face down. I guess it means we'll someday appreciate when our floor stays clean for a few days. Like maybe in 20 years when the kids are gone.
By the way, how do you know Laura (the bailey lives) I knew her growing up!
Natalie, I am so glad that you made a comment on my blog because I found your blog a few weeks ago and I was worried you wouldn't remember me if I made a comment. Of course I remember you. What a cute family you have. I remember when you just had James. It looks like you live in the midwest now? Are you guys still working for E&Y? I love this blogging thing. How do you know Denae? IT is such a small world. I knew Denae in high school. Great to see you.
So true! As soon as I mop mine, there is a dirt trail from the front door through the house. My whole main floor is laminate! At least the wood grain hides A LOT! I am always thankful that I can mop up messes instead of spot remove from carpet, now that I really hate.
I hear you! Luckily we have tile that hides everything, so I figure if it looks clean, it is! :) I hate mopping.
Jeremy is the designated mopper at my house! Thank goodness, or else the floor would be perpetually disgusting!
Post a Comment