I have been thinking about this lately.
You lucky readers.
I'm going to share with you the internal struggle I've been having the past few weeks
with needs versus wants.
I need to do the dishes, but I want to take a nap.
I need to do the laundry, but I want someone else to do it.
I need to have some home baked cookies, but I want zero mess to clean up.
I need to have this baby already, but I want more time to get my house ready for her.
I need to play with my kids, but I want to let them watch another movie.
I need to make dinner, but I want the house to stay cool.
I need to start on my to-do list, but I just want it all to be done already.
I need to work in the yard, but I want it to be cooler outside.
I need to sleep on my left side, but I really want to sleep on my back!
I need to take a break from all this typing, so I want go have some icecream now.
What are some of your needs vs wants?
7 comments:
I am PMSing and in desperate need of a fattening treat but I don't WANT to make anything or go anywhere to buy anything.
To keep the house cool and avoid messes-get out your crock pot and buy the liners for it. Put in meat, then cover with sauce from a can/jar. Serve with a pre-made bagged salad, a canned or frozen veggie(cooked in microwave) and there you have it! Try a different sauce everyday until that baby girl comes!
I bet James could cook the veggies and make the salad. Put that picky boy to work! :)
i WANT new clothes, but I NEED to lose weight!
i WANT a pretty yard, but I NEED a professional landscaping to resurrect it from the dead.
i WANT bedroom furniture, but we NEED to make house payments.
I NEED to go to bed but I WANT to catch up on my blog reading for the day. I NEED to clean my house but I WANT to do anything but that. I struggle with needs and wants on a daily basis!!!
I know the NEEDS vs. WANTS too. I really NEED some new pots and pans. But I WANT the expensive ones. I have been looking for a while. Let me know how you like yours.
Also, this is the first place I have come out and told someone. We bought a van. I am NOT a van person, but I thought we should investigate having one. I WANT my Sequoia back, but we NEED a van. I admit, having a van is much easier with the kids, but I miss my Sequoia. However, I am trying to put the NEEDS of our family ahead of my WANTS. Plus we are saving money on the car payment and gas. But I still miss my big gas hogging SUV.
I want to lose a few more pounds, but I NEEDED that batch of chocolate chip cookies I just made and inhaled (and the pizza I ate for lunch)! Dang it! :)
Smitty- you have inspired me to start a blog- so check mine out when you get a second.
thesemoments2.blogspot.com
Post a Comment