Picture this:
Drew decides to check on Andrew about an hour after I put him down last night.
Andrew is still awake. He had been quiet so we had no idea.
He's also naked from the waist down.
So, Drew puts a new diaper on him. Dons his PJ's and leaves.
Hopefully that will be a one time thing I tell myself.
Did I ever tell you how good I am at denial?
Hours later, just before I went to sleep, I decided to check on Andrew.
The little cutie was asleep so peacefully.
Much like the picture below, on his tummy with his bum up in the air.
The only problem is that it was his bare bottom and he was asleep in a big wet pile that I'm guessing was NOT drool. His diaper was at the other end of the crib. His PJ's were soaked through.
I am not excited for this taking-the-diaper-off phase. I know that there will be a time when the diaper's contents are much more serious. And I simply don't like dealing with that kind of thing when it's all over the place.
Please, could we just skip this stage?
Any tricks for keeping diapers on your wee (pardon the pun) ones?
9 comments:
Oh Natalie! That is the WORST! My only tactic I've used is clear packing tape wrapped around the diaper. But then you have to have sissors around when you're ready to change him. The stages these kids go through are so funny. I hope this stage will be a short one!
Yikes. Ella has done this but usually bloomers put on over the diaper prevent it. Sorry. And I have had to clean up the #2s all over the place a few times. Talk about gag reflex!
Amen to funny stages...we're in one right now with matthew and it's called (to put it as kindly as possible) The-Truth-Is-Optional. Good luck, natalie. I hope that it's over by the time Baby comes (which, by the way, is when kids seem to fall into new stages, isn't it? When a big change is coming. Whitney stopped taking naps the week Matthew came home from the hospital). Sorry--no more horror stories.
But, the bum in the air is very cute.
Cute picture Natalie! Not looking forward to that with Dane... fortunately, Evy didn't attempt that. But we've had our share of cleaning up messes the past month (potty training!) Isn't motherhood fun? At least you have a good sense of humor to help you keep it all in perspective!!
What a Cutie Patootie! (hee hee)Sounds like he might be entering potty training stage one - the Ew! factor. He's grossed out by it so he takes the diaper off. No advice, really - except Vinyl mattress cover?
Two words for you--DUCT TAPE!! That's what we had to do for Lydia for a long time. She was determined to get that diaper off and often had accidents, so we just did duct tape for every nap and bedtime. Hopefully we won't be reported for that!
Natalie, I love your blog. It is so fun to read.
Unfortunately, I don't have many tips, though I have a lot of experience with this one. We restarted using a monitor with Maddie, and I would check her every night before I went to bed until she eventually just stopped taking it off. Good luck!
Zip up footie pajamas. Cut out the feet and put it on backward. If he can unzip down his back, he deserves to sleep in the nude!
You have my sympathy! I've lucked out and haven't had to deal with this, but tape sounds like a good idea to me!
Post a Comment