Saturday, August 04, 2007

Birthday Marathon Part Four ... Well, Sort Of

Today is the day of James's Water Birthday Party! Hooray!



We have been anxiously counting down the days for two weeks.
We found some awesome water toys to play with in our yard.
We got the perfect party favors - and on sale, too!
James designed his cupcakes (blue frosting cause it's a water party, you know).
The lunch menu is perfectly planned.
We stayed up late last night busy with the last minute preparations,
Including blowing up all the humongous water toys.
Blowing up tons of balloons.
Decorating cupcakes.
Setting up tables and chairs.
Everything is ready so that we don't have to stress the day of the party.


Then we woke up.
To the first overcast day in about a month.
And the only overcast day for about a month to come.
Hmm.

We waited. And waited.
Hoping it would clear up.
But it got colder.
Then started to rain.


We reluctantly postponed the party.
We are all bummed.


By the way, Mom and Dad...
Did you know that I postponed the party for a day when you are in town?
So that you can help me with it?


Just thought I'd give you a little warning.


Birthday Marathon Part Four To Be Continued...
(On the bright side, if the party was going on as planned, I wouldn't get to sit here and blog)


In the mean time, scroll down to read about part three.

7 comments:

D-dawg said...

Natalie!!!!!!!! Isn't it so ironic??? Those things seem to always happen. The ONE day you NEED it to be sunny, it's cloudy. I'm so sorry. I would be so bummed! But it is a good thing you can now do it when the grandparents will be there.

KickButtMommy said...

I can't believe that you have to do all that work over again! What a bummer.

Laura said...

That's too bad! Well...it will be fun for your parents to be there!

Anonymous said...

How old is James? Is he 5 or 6? I can't remember if he is older than Alexa. She turned 5 in February. Bummer on the party, but it will be so much more fun to have parents there to help you with it. Good luck.

Brooke said...

Darn it Natalie! Isn't that the worst? I'm sure your mom & dad will be glad to be there and see it though. And now James will get double the anticipation!

little miss shortcake said...

Too bad about the party! But that is rather nice that you will have the 'rents in town to help.

Jen said...

I have had two water parties rained on.
I just realized that you are in the midst of the Birthday Marathon with one due soon. What is it about autumn and you two?