Saturday, August 04, 2007

Birthday Marathon Part Three

Andrew turned two on Friday! Here are some highlights of the day:

He loved his car! We knew he would, which is the only reason I would get him such a large toy that I always said I would never get. It's amazing what cute kids can do to your sensibilities.


He stayed in his car all morning and wouldn't even get out to open presents. So, we brought the gifts to him and he opened them in there. He LOVED the build-a-bear (dog) that my parents gave him! (Darn that binky! We couldn't get it out of his mouth that morning. Not even his excitement over Elmo did the job...)


And as you can see, it wasn't long before the older ones moved in on the car. Andrew is not too thrilled about that.
After presents, we spent the rest of the morning at the hospital getting a series of hearing tests done as a follow up for his tubes that were put in recently. He hadn't scored well on previous tests, even after the tubes were in, so we have been concerned. But, thankfully, he did really well on the test! Then it was home for a long nap, followed by preparations for the babysitter and James's birthday party the next day.


Here's the birthday boy blowing out candles. Obviously, he doesn't have much experience with the candle thing. But he had no problem diving right in to the cupcake.


Yum! Truthfully, a cupcake is all that Andrew could ever want. That's my boy.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

What a cutie. I also swore I would never buy the big red car but alas it is Ella's favorite thing and a hit with all chilren who come over. What a cute little guy. Soon he will seem huge to you when you bring that new baby home and see them side by side!

D-dawg said...

Oh, he's so cute Natalie. I'm glad you went with the big car toy... Logan loved his when he was that age. Happy birthday to Andrew!

Anonymous said...

We had a "Bye-Bye Binky" party when Sarah turned 3. It was an emotional time, I tell you. A few months before her birthday, she was only allowed to have her binky when she was on her bed. Then we "said goodbye" (threw it out) on her 3rd birthday. About a week later, she told me it was hard to be 3 years old and live without a binky.
But she survived, amazingly.

Jenny G said...

He is so big! I think he looks like a mini Drew. Very cute!

Laura said...

How fun! Man- birthdays all over the place there! I thought he was turning 3! He looks so much older! You DO have your hands full! Good thing they are all so cute!

little miss shortcake said...

Ooh that car is the perfect gift! We just got one for free and the first thing my mom said when i told her was, "What, one of those red cars that you've wanted ever since YOU were a kid?" Haha. but it is a cool toy.

Evelyn said...

Natalie- Andrew is darling! He is so handsome. Looks like a fun birthday party with the family. You are such a great mom. Bravo!