Monday, November 24, 2008

Please Stop Rubbing Chicken in Your Sister's Hair.

That's what I found myself saying to Big A at lunch today. Poor Little E. Her hair was pure grease after that.

That command ranks right up there with the other things I've had to tell my kids this week:

"Honey, don't run around the house naked singing 'I dont' want to be a chicken, I don't want to be a duck, shake shake shake shake, jiggle, jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.' "

"If you need to throw up, please don't come to me to tell me about it and then cough in my face. RUN to the toilet first! You know - it's that big, round, porcelain thing."

(sigh)

Since I last posted, I celebrated my birthday. Not many pics - I'm super bad at asking someone else to take a picture of me. But it was the best day. Emily slept late, allowing me to sleep in until 7:45! When does that ever happen? Consequently, we were rushing the whole morning. But it was so worth it. My kids finally woke me up by stuffing home made birthday cards under my pillow. The messages were so endearing. I enjoyed a long workout that morning and came home to find the husband was home early. He watched the kids for the afternoon so I could go shopping.

All. By. Myself. (Do you have any idea what that means to a stay at home mom of young kids? Seriously - time is the best gift I could have asked for.)

Most of my time was spent here:

When I came home, the house was perfectly clean - even the kitchen floor was mopped.

Yes. He's the real deal, folks.
Thanks so much, D.
Last Friday, my friends and I saw the Twilight movie. Although it seemed a little too low budget, I appreciated how they stayed so close to the story. For that, I give them heaps of credit. My consensus: Thumbs up.

Now it's time to wash the chicken out of my baby's hair. Stay tuned for a post of my favorite things. You know - kinda like Oprah's Favorite Things? But mine will be much more affordable.

11 comments:

Kris said...

Happy late B-Day!! I'm so glad that you had a good one. Day's alone can be sooo sweet.

little miss shortcake said...

happy birthday!

it never ceases to amaze me what i have to tell my kids. my favorite from this week was "don't stick your toe in your nose."

Mindy said...

What an awesome birthday! To me, that would be the perfect gift, too: Alone time. Those quotes from your kids are hilarious. At least they keep us laughing!

KickButtMommy said...

Sometimes the things I say out loud really surprise me. Like telling my daughter she cannot take her booger to school.

Glad you had a perfect birthday!

jane said...

Happy Birthday! Oh, what a joy to shop alone on your birthday and in a store that has so many things at such an affordable price! Love it.
And I am so glad your hubby treated you right!
Wish you guys could be here this week. You will be missed.

Jessica Brown said...

Way to go Drew! That sounds like the best birthday ever. My mom used to always say "All I want for my birthday is kids who don't fight and a clean house" we always thought that was such a lame idea and would opt for buying presents instead. Now I know exactly what she meant! Happy Birthday Natalie! Can't wait to see your list of favorite things!

Laura said...

Hope it was a great day, Smitty! Sure love ya!

Jill said...

Happy late bday!!!!!!!! You are lucky you have an H&M!! Sounds like it was a fabulous day. What's your new number now?? Do tell.

Rachael said...

Really? Too low budget? These days movies without the budget for CGI (?) almost seem like a lost art. I've seen it 2 times already and I'm dying for a third.

That sleep-in time is the best. So very rare.

Mad Queen said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! Sounds like a great day to me... a little extra sleep, shopping alone, and a clean kitchen... oh yeah, now we are talking the perfect birthday. Ahhh the sweet life.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Pretend I am singing to you, but it is really you singing like we always made you do in high school.

Kids. Need I say more?

WOW for D! A mopped floor and time for yourself? LUCKY!