Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cleaning the House While Children are Growing...

... Is like shoveling the sidewalk while it is still snowing.
I'm here to tell you that this saying is 100% true.
So, you don't need to try to prove it on your own or anything.
Here is a our driveway/walkway on Saturday morning.





And here we are. Saturday afternoon after much "help" from the kids.

Sunday Morning:


Can you see that our storm door is covered in ice?


Sunday afternoon:
If you are reading this, please tell me where you live.
If you are colder, I am so sorry. I have no reason to complain
If you are warmer, let me know so that I can decide where to relocate.

17 comments:

Keri said...

All I can say is SOOOOO TRUE NATALIE. Clean is not a word when it comes to life with children. Love your post. You are always so clever. We were praying well begging for snow. Ok my kids. Now that we have it I am ready for it to go. My kids really want a white Christams. The last 2 years we went to the beach and ran in the water. There is sometinkg about a white christms. If only the wet sock, gloves, clothes could be different I dont think i owuld mind it so much.

KickButtMommy said...

You know I am rooting for you to come to SoCal!

Camie said...

Not colder or warmer here--just in the same snowy, bitter cold boat as you!! And I have lots of Christmas errands to run in the cold today!! Stay warm, and merry Christmas!

Jessica Brown said...

When we moved from Utah to Seattle we thought we were moving away from icey walk ways and snow packed roads, but apparently we brought the snow with us, because yesterday we got 6 inches of snow. So I would tell you to relocate here, but if you do, wait a few weeks! :)

Laura said...

SO- SO true!! It is DUMPING right now and the house is a dump too!

PS love your xmas card!

Jenny G said...

I was just complaining about the cold here. Thanks for posting this. I'll shut my mouth :)

Heather said...

We don't get snow very often at all. Come visit?

Judy said...

Well, it looks like we've all been dumped on recently! We had 4-5 inches of snow at our house a week ago!

Judy said...

Wait, and can you please tell me what salted carmel hot chocolate is? It sounds to die for! :)

Brooke said...

Oh do I remember Minnesota snow. There is nothing like it. Hope you are surviving well and indoors!

Rachael said...

Hahahaha. Yes - so very very true to our life right now... Love it.

Jill said...

Come on over, it is a balmy 65 degrees today!! (Missouri!)
xoxo

Jen said...

It is pretty snowy and cold here, but you always win.

Anny said...

We moved up on a mountain last year and I told my husband we didn't need a snowblower, we have willing children. After the first snowstorm (the kids and husband were off to school) I realized if I wanted to go anywhere I had to shovel the snow myself. I called my husband and told him not to come home until he had a snowblower. Love the snowblower but not the snow. I keep telling my husband I want to move to California. Cute Christmas cards.

Amy said...

Natalie, its so fun to read about what you are up to and see your cute family. Where are you now?

monica said...

Come visit (Viginia) for a week or for the winter! It is 40 degrees and perfect outside...in a nice warm winter coat.

How much longer do you plan to be there? Let's meet back in Seattle in a few years.

D-dawg said...

Relocate to California. I don't know how you handle the snow ! But you're right... there is no point to cleaning up with young kids- it is messy 2 minutes later. !