Easy
These two win the award for making my life easier:
I swear by these two products! Windex with vinegar can clean up almost everything! Don't buy the other kind of Windex. It's gotta be with vinegar. I use it to clean my bathrooms, mirrors, kitchen, to get marker off any surface my kids have autographed, to wipe up the floor after the sticky spills of juice and milk. I love it. It has no scent, so when you clean, there's no funky smell left over.
And the Oxi-clean stain remover is amazing! It has never failed me. Not once. It gets out tomato stains, strawberries, pens, markers, poop (sorry), ... it has completely absolved any stain I have encountered. Even if the stain remains after I scrub it, I just spray a little extra on the stain, throw it in the wash, and voila! When the clothes come out of the washer the stains are GONE! I am really excited about stuff that makes cleaning easy. Can you tell by all my exclamation points?!!!
Comfort
Rainbow flip-flops win the award for comfort. 

I saw my pair in the closet today and became excited that I'll get to wear them again when it's warm - whenever that is. At first glance, they may not seem like much to look at. But they are like a pair of great quality, every day, comfortable leather shoes that you wear in the summer. If you don't have a pair, I strongly recommend you get some. You won't regret it! Whenever I see someone else wearing them, I think to myself, "You see, now there is someone who KNOWS what I'm talking about."
Order and Organization
Here are the things in my life that I love because they keep me orderly and organized. When I am organized (which really is NOT very often, I promise), I feel energized and ready to tackle anything that comes my way:
Thanks to my friend, Heather, for the inspiration. I wrote out my kids' responsibilities for morning, afternoon and evening on separate cards. Once those jobs are complete, they take the card and stick it in the pocket that corresponds with the day of the week. The final two cards are Saturday chores, and Sunday activities. They earn points for each job, and with their points they can buy a treasure out of our treasure box each Monday. In the treasure box I put books, stickers, craft things, small toys and treats. Some weeks we do awesome with this. Other weeks, we are mediocre. But I love this system.
Our craft shelf. My kids are crazy into crafts and this helps keep things under control:


9 comments:
Those are GREAT!! I wish we lived near each other! Are you guys ever coming back to utah?
PS- I am big into the Windex but have never tried that kind!!! I am so excited to get it!!
LOVE the job charts, too! Mine aren't that cool! I will have to do that!
AWESOME! You are so inspiring. Our mornings/evenings have become so hectic. I think I will hold a family council and reinstitute our job charts. Maybe try the treasure box instead of allowance. It is more tangible! :)
Thanks for the organization and cleaning tips. I was just thinking today I want to get myself a book on organization. I used to be good at it and now I feel frazzled by life and it is slipping! Love the bow box.
Thanks for this post. It has inspired me. I need to be more organized and this got me going. I am adding to my chore chart tomorrow. This was a fun posst. I will buy some oxy. next time I am out. With 2 boys I need ti. I agree with you on the windex/ving.Keep the posts coming. Oh and i wish we had a hair acc. box like that. My little emma wont let me touch her hair. Take advantage of it. Love the video of your kids reading together. Too sweet.
Natalie - you are the mom I used to be! I LOVE charts and containers for organizing. (I should say "loved" because I gave up on being organized and my boys now mock any sort of chart).
Your family is so adorable. "Laura" - they can't come back to Utah - we need them here in Minnesota!
I'm going to Target and buy both cleaning products. Thanks for sharing cause it alaways a gamble to try new products. I also love to organization, it helps me breath.
I'll tell you what I love... that you are having baby number 5! Natalie, congratulations! You truly are mother of the year and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. But I do worry about you because from what I remember #4 was going to be your last and so you probably got rid of all the baby stuff or started to anyways.... part of your "no clutter" personality. Anyway, CONGRATS and what a lucky baby to get into the Hoopes family. WOW. You go girl!... just keep eating that yummy berry oatmeal to keep your tummy happy :). Lots of love!
Oh gosh, I live that stuff, too. I'll have to upgrade to those flip flops.
Post a Comment