OK, now they're just posing.
I had to laugh a little bit about Mother's Day this year. As I reflected on the events of the weekend, it truly was a typical day of a mother; a Mother's Day:
D was out of town for the weekend. Feeling huge and not wanting to go many places with the kids without his help, I decided to get some stuff done at home on Saturday.
While working on projects...
*Little E knocked over the gorgeous vase of 2 dozen roses D gave me for Mother's Day. She did it twice. The water soaked up all the bills, calendar, and my planner. And the digital camera.
*Big A wanted to fix himself a snack. He got into the Nutella. Decided the knife was covered in too much of the chocolate stuff. Proceeded to wipe it off with the clean bathroom towels I had just put out.
*Up all night with Big A who was throwing up; probably because of too much Nutella?
*Got all the sickness cleaned up in time for D to arrive home from his red-eye flight.
You see? All typical Mom stuff. No vacations or lunch hours. Just life - and it doesn't matter if it's a special occasion or not. That is what a mother's day is.
But, as for the actual Mother's Day, it all ended much better than it started:
*D took some time on Friday to help me around the house before leaving town.
*He sacrificed a night's sleep so he could be home with me on Mother's Day.
*The kids made me the cutest notes and crafts.
*Did I mention the breathtaking flowers I got? Even though they were beaten up a bit, they still look beautiful and brighten up my kitchen.
*A delicious dinner made by D.
Sorry no pictures of the day (see above). Thankfully, the camera seems to be working now...
I feel so richly blessed to be a mother. Mother's Day is a day for me to honor my husband and kids. Without them, there would be nothing for me to celebrate!
7 comments:
That does seem to be the way it goes huh? I also meant to get pictures yesterday...one of me and the 4 darling reasons I have to celebrate, or maybe a nice family shot.....but alas...being a mother and all that it entails made that not happen! Oh well! :)
That is so great! SO true! Don't feel too bad- chip WAS gone, out of town on mother's day! That's just how it had to be this year... you see, mother's also have to be flexible! :)
Being a mom is so REAL. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for sharing your adventures--I had to smile thinking about the nutella on your clean towels, flowers spilling TWICE, up all night with a sick kid, not to mention you are pregnant, etc. You have some amazing perspective and I love it!
Your kids are so cute! I hope you don't mind me watching your blog, I found it on my moms and now that I am in the ward I figured I'd try to get to know some of the other moms in the ward!
I know what you mean. After a mother's day we earn Mother's Day!
Nat- your kids are the cutest! It was so fun to see your hubby a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing him with us. He even got to hold our little one. When do we get to see you and the kids?
Ah yes...I love those moments when kids just enjoy each other. And if they are semi-quiet while doing it - I swear my heart just jumps a mile a minute. It's like watching miracles happen :)
Sorry your Sat before Mothers Day was rough. That's so sweet Drew made it back for Sunday. And sorry about the tipped over flowers...
Post a Comment