Tuesday, June 16, 2009

If You Don't Brag About Your Kids, Who Will?

One of my pet peeves is when people brag. I think it is most ungracious. I really try not to do it, even about my kids.

Sure, I praise them constantly and build them up. I celebrate their accomplishments with friends and family.

However, I also try cultivate in them the important attributes of sensitivity and humility. The last thing the world needs is more conceited and narcissistic kids.

Now that I've prefaced this, let me share with you something I heard the other day. Someone said, "If you don't brag about your kids, who will?" Hmm. So true. There has to be a balance. And since I don't brag about my kids much, I'm going to take a minute to do it here. Because I really am so proud of my little family. Since my readers are good friends and family, I know you won't mind. Thanks. ;)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your posts about your kids made me cry. I love how sweet and honest you were as you described them. I think it is great to brag on your children occasionally, and especially to them. They need to hear it. You've inspired me to do a similar post of my own kids. And as someone is alwys quick to remind me, good kids come from good parents. Keep up the good work!

Jen said...

They were great brags. See, I don't see you, so they seem more informative!