Thursday, November 05, 2009

London Days Two and Three

Over the weekend, we rented a car and drove to Britol and Bath

So weird driving on the wrong side of the road. (So glad we're alive to tell you that is was so weird.)






Bath is such a beautiful city. Lots of shops. And, of course, the Roman Baths.



Look, can you see the Roman dude?


Learning what I can about the baths on the audio tour...






Next stop: Bristol to see D's former mission companion. They were most gracious to take us to a lovely place for dinner and let us stay at their home.

It was great to go to church with them on Sunday. Just happened to be their primary program. So fun to hear the primary songs with an accent!






Sunday afternoon, we visited a charming village called Lacock, where all the period pieces are filmed. This town stays as authentic as possible - no street lamps or modern construction to change the look of their villiage. It has appeared in productions such as Pride and Prejucdice and Harry Potter.

The first thing we saw was the Lacock Abbey. It was founded as a nunnery in 1232, and converted to a house in the 1540's. I can't believe how old that place is!







I wish I had more pictures of Lacock. But I do have a picture of a cat eating a mouse. D was thrilled to capture this on camera. This one's for you, D.

2 comments:

monica said...

What an amazing place. Hopefully you will make it to the Tower of London. After reading about King Henry, i was facinated by the place and all of the special tours offered.
looks like fun.
i hope you have had yourself a good ol' traditional english breakfast with beans and greasy toast. :)

KickButtMommy said...

Wow! So beautiful! Where is baby S? I thought you took her?