Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Plan


Big A was NOT happy with The Plan to go on a hike

Don't worry. I still have many more Getting Down to Business Posts for you. But, I don't want to seem obsessive overwhelm you. So, I'll share with you in doses. 

As you can see from the past few posts, I am a planner. I thrive on structure. I live for Plan B's. Yet, even when the best strategies are put in place, even when plans are carefully made - it can all change in the blink of an eye.

Moms continually need to reassess every day in order to meet everyone's demands. Sometimes it's hard to change plans and still be in a good mood (see photo).

Here's a good example:    

Plan A: Go to the gym and have a good run!

Plan B: Maybe give it a go tomorrow. Little E freaked out at the gym daycare. We had to leave, so exercise this morning was not an option.

Plan C: Go to bed early tonight so I can exercise early in the morning before the kids wake up, thus preventing what happened during Plan B.

Plan D: Baby S woke up at 4:55. Feed her, put her back to sleep and then head to the gym! This will be great!

Plan E: Sarah won't go back to sleep. Big A wakes and bumps into the wall hurting his head and crying loudly. Miss M and Little E both wake up. Try to make everyone happy with a movie and then ... head to the gym ... ?

Plan F: Little E has a fever. Now everyone is awake. Plans for today must be put on hold. I will hit the gym hard tomorrow. And eat perfectly to chip away at the last 10 pounds.

Plan G: Wait, tomorrow is Friday. Let's start chipping away on Monday.

Plan H: Stop making plans.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Natalie, I could spend all day reading your posts. They are funny, self aware and impressive all at the same time.

But, I do take issue with your 10 pound thing. Stop already, would you? Too skinny. Too skinny.

And I am LOVING your D to the B. I hope you plan on publishing one day (outside of the blogging realm). Give my love to the whole fam!

KickButtMommy said...

oh I love everything about this post.

shauna said...

Very well said! That is definitely the way it is around here too. Love it.

Heather said...

Yes. Too skinny. You look absolutely perfect exactly the way you are.

Loving your D to the B posts. Very inspirational. Seriously thinking about doing some laundry......

Kathryn said...

That's what it's about to be a good mom: sacrifice. You do a lot of that and we appreciate you. Bye the way, you don't need to lose 10 pounds.