January is so blah.
I decided to record a typical January day in my life.
Should any of you question what a stay at home mom does all day,
Here is your answer.
 |
| Wake up time. This is painful but worth it. That is, when I actually do it. |
 |
| What I use to fuel my work out. |
 |
| Because it snowed a ton the night before, I'm going to need these. |
 |
| Love to be greeted by this first thing Monday morning. |
 |
| We'll do a little of this... |
 |
And a lot of this.
(Pictures posted with permission). |
 |
| I come home to find my early risers had helped themselves to dessert for breakfast. |
 |
| And the baby woke up on the wrong side of the crib. |
 |
| We gave her dessert for breakfast, too. Then she was happy. |
 |
| Time for my breakfast: steel cut oats, flax seed, wheat germ, chopped up apples & pecans. Yum. |
Next on the agenda: Our attempt to get through the morning do our jobs
 |
| Practicing |
 |
| Bossing. Fighting. |
 |
| And crying. |
 |
| Flying airplanes instead of emptying the dishwasher. |
 |
| More fighting... |
 |
| Followed by more crying. |
 |
| Screaming, because I forgot about her and left her there too long. Sorry! |
 |
| I think we didn't have enough crying yet. Can I get some more tears over here? |
 |
| Oh, Man! We gotta get going! |
 |
| At least somebody made their bed. |
 |
| Get bundled up and in the car |
 |
| Have a good day, J & M! |
 |
| Mr. A, happy at preschool. |
 |
| And then there were two... |
 |
| One more quick visit to the Y for a yoga class. My body needs it! |
 |
| Next Stop: Sam's Club. Trying to hurry before her screams get any louder. |
 |
| Pick up Big A, get gas, and wash the car. They're terrified of the car wash. |
 |
| Time for lunch. Then naps as I try to tackle this: |
 |
| Just a little laundry... |
 |
| This messy room .... |
 |
| And this messy room. |
Before you know it, the kids are home from school.
Here's how it goes down:
 |
| The husband calls during snack time to tell me he'll be home late. |
 |
| The kids start their homework. |
 |
| This is her homework. It keeps her happy while I cook dinner. |
 |
| Big A playing with Baby S for just a moment |
 |
| Little E goofing off with the dishes I need to use for dinner prep |
 |
| The usual tears that happen while trying to cook. |
Mr. J? Where are you? Are you doing your homework?
 |
| Thought he could sneak in a few rounds with the DS. Think again, buddy. |
 |
Because dad will be home late, we decide to have an early bath while dinner is in the oven.
|
 |
| Shepherd's Pie for dinner. Trust me, it's better than it looks. |
 |
| Don't bother me while I'm eating. |
 |
| Scripture time. Is anyone listening? |
 |
| Good night, Little E. |
 |
| Sweet Dreams, Big A. |
 |
| See you in the morning, Miss M. |
 |
| Don't let the bed bugs bite, Mr. J. |
 |
| Let's see if I have enough brain left for myself... |
 |
| Good night! |
Confession: Tuesday and Wednesday are completely unproductive.
It takes me two days to recover from Monday.
1 comment:
HOLY CRAP. Do you really work out and eat healthy and read your scriptures? Twice? And how do you not have a nervous breakdown on days like that? Because it stresses me out just looking at it. You are my hero.
Post a Comment