Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Little Dude



Let's enjoy some musings from my Little Dude (as the neighborhood twins call him):

On his birthday

"I don't think I'm five because I still fit in these clothes."
"I'm five already, when am I going to have a loose tooth?"

"Remember when I was a little shy for my birthday because I thought I wouldn't look the same?"

On Taco Bell
"Why do they call it Taco Bell? They have quesadillas too."

On Cleanliness

Recently, I noticed him washing his rock collection in the bathroom sink. When asked why he was going to such trouble, he replied, "I know that you don't like dirty things in our house."

On Spiritual Hymns
"All creatures, God we love our king ... Oh, no, that's not it ... It's 'All creatures, God we love our things!'" (Real title: All Creatures of Our God and King)


Correction to Webster (Dictionary, that is)
"Taste buds are really taste bugs."

At Bedtime
"Can I please have a bed-night snack?" (sounds mysteriously like midnight snack)

On Little Sisters
"I wish there were no Megans, just me." A few hours later, "I guess Megan is pretty cute."

On Social Gatherings
"Are we going to a potroast?" (Meaning a potluck after church)

On Reverence

"I QUIT!"

On Rotisserie Chickens at the grocery store

"Look at those turkey's spinning round and round. I wonder where they're headed!"

On questions that keep mom on her toes

"Who is Santa Clause's Mom?"

"What kind of a color is white?"

"Hey, do we get to celebrate our birthday when we're in heaven?"


James is great company, an enthusiastic soccer player and a joyful Kindergartener who loves to play outside. He is quite a thinker, and always keeps me on my toes.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

I laughed my head off at James' comments....by the way, that is a figure of speech, but don't tell him about those!

D-dawg said...

James is so grown up!

Mindy said...

It is so fun to see all these pictures of James! I remember him as this tiny baby and now he's definitely the big, older brother! He is so cute and smart! I think he thinks in a similar way that Kobe thinks. It must be an oldest brother thing!