Monday, February 26, 2007

Favorite Things

Over the years, I have found a handful of things that make my daily life easier, more enjoyable, or teach me something. I thought I'd post some of these things just for fun. Those of you who know me well will not be surprised :)

For those of you that have your favorites, please share them or post them on your blog! I'm always looking for new ideas and better tips to make life easier!


Every Day Food This is my favorite food magazine. It has easy recipes that are delicious and practical. I've learned lots of great cooking tips - such as how to make your noodles not stick together, the best way to prepare pizza dough, etc. We found a BBQ Chicken Pizza in here that is to die for, among many other recipes. To check it out, click here.


Queen of Clean: She has the greatest ideas for removing stains and for maintaining a clean home. She has helped me salvage many items of clothing and furniture. It's the greatest. Here's her website.

Family Fun: We have loved both the magazine and the website. It gives great ideas for crafts and creative solutions for everyday stuff that moms encounter. It's awesome. Take a look.




Real Simple Simply a fun publication full of great ideas and organization tips, decorating ideas, and more. See it here.


Weight Watchers Online: Thanks to my great friend, Heather, I finally found success in shedding pounds after baby number three. You can bet I'm planning on using it after baby number four. I didn't have to change what I cooked for my family, and I felt so great when I followed it. It's not gimmicky, it teaches you how to eat healthy. When I first tried it and experienced success, many of my friends asked me what my secret was. A handful of them joined and also lost weight! Love it. Here it is.


Divine Design: I just love the practical advice this decorator gives on her shows. You can see her on HGTV, and she also has a great website. I love how complete she is - starting from the bones of the room, making sure the lighting is fabulous and the paint colors provide the perfect backdrop. She's wonderful. Want to see what I mean?


FlyLady: Many of us know about her. She has a great system for organizing your clutter and keeping your home clean without it taking over your life. Love her. See it here.







What Not To Wear: This show is awesome, and it teaches the basics of good fashion and style. In other words, it "pulvarizes the fashion challenged," through makeovers - complete with new hair styles and make up tips. It's on TLC. Be prepared to be transformed.



I don't know where I'd be without my PUR Water Filter. It guarantees that my family and I drink plenty of water. There's nothing like great tasting ice cold water. I keep two or three 32 oz bottles in my freezer with an inch of filtered water in them. Once the water freezes in the bottom, we are ready to partake! Fill the prepared water bottle with the filtered water and the water stays cold all day (the ice doesn't taste funny either). I use the water bottles when going to the gym and then again when I'm home in the afternoon and evening. And before you know it, I've had the recommended 64 oz of water each day. Love it. Find out more.


Provident Living A gem of a website that helps anyone start and maintain food storage and emergency supplies for your home and family. Instead of feeling overwhelmed at the thought of foodstorage, this makes me feel like I can conquer the world. Click here.

More fun for the kids and family can be found in The Friend Magazine and The Idea Door. Great for those times when you plan family night at the last minute, need to print up a chore chart or find other ideas for church.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Wow, I am super impressed. I am definitely going to have to look some of those up. I have heard of some but not all!

Heath

Kelly said...

Wow, Nan. That was the most organized and informative post I've ever read. And, as you know, I've always admired your skills as a wife, homemaker, mother and woman, I'm super excited to check out this stuff. I'll have to pace myself, of course...

Mindy said...

So many great suggestions! I'm excited to learn more about each one. The filtered water caught my attention because we definitely need to be better about drinking water. And I had heard that Weight Watchers works for so many people, I had no idea you were one of them! You always look so great and now it's nice to know how you do it! :) I will definitely look at all of these, but can you please, PLEASE tell me how to make my noodles not stick together? This is something I have always struggled with and would love to know the trick. You can email me if you want! Thanks for all your insights!

Brooke said...

What a great post Natalie! I also love a lot of those same things -- many of which I learned from you (flylady, queen of clean). Real Simple is one of my favorite magazines. Every issue is SO stuffed full of great ideas. I'm excited to try out some of these new recommendations. Thanks for a glimpse into your amazing surplus of ideas!

D-dawg said...

HOW FUN! Thanks for all of these new tips. I love finding new ideas and hearing what other people do in their lives that WORK! I'm going to try these. Maybe I'll post some of my favorites one of these days too. THANKS!

Cheesy Mama said...

I love quite a few of your favorites too. Real Simple, Family Fun and Divine Design. I love Candice! I have tired keeping up with the flylady, but I just can't get off the ground. Another one of my favorites is Cooking Light. Sometimes, I want go out and cook everything in the magazine. I can't wait for grilling season!

Jessica Brown said...

Wow diddo to what every one said. Thanks for sharing your secrets. I'm especially greatful for the decorating tips! I need them. Thanks Nat!