Wednesday, March 21, 2007

While Mom Sleeps...


Let me begin by saying that I almost never take naps. If there is ever a free moment to lie down, I usually think of a dozen things that need to be done and forego the opportunity to rest.

On Monday, I was dead tired. I didn't rest during nap/quiet time. And as a result, I was SUPER cranky that day. I decided that if I felt that tired again, I would rest.

Well, today, I felt that tired again. I resisted lying down during quiet time. However, after realizing that I was dragging all day, I decided to let James & Megan play together "quietly" in the playroom. Andrew was still asleep, and I figured I could rest for a short time.

You'd think that a mother of three would not be so naive. As you can see, it doesn't take long to turn a room upside down. Maybe this is the reason I don't take naps...

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Oh I love it! That is so classic. Well a nap is worth a mess sometimes!

Love your playroom BTW!

Heath

Mindy said...

I can totally relate to that situation! I have been known to sneak a nap or two, and sometimes I have even been awakened by a crash or a dumping noise. But I just close my eyes again. I agree that sometimes a nap is worth the mess!

Anonymous said...

Two words for the sleep deprived mom: Disney Channel.

D-dawg said...

I'm so sorry about the mess. But I"m glad you got some rest. You need it. The mess can wait.

Brooke said...

Boy, I've been there Natalie! Still, sometime the nap is just worth it. I hope you get a few more naps in!