Isn't it funny? The things you see when you're on a road trip, I mean? This weekend, we took a short road trip (more on that soon). On our way home, I saw a large red barn in the middle of nowhere. It had a huge sign indicating what they had to sell. It read: "Cheese, Artwork, Antiques, Latte-Liquor." BOY, am I glad that I FINALLY found a place that sells all the things a girl could ever want while on a long drive - and in the order of necessity no less!
Even better, once I had a friend who took a road trip to Moab, UT. She saw a sign above a small restaurant/gas station that read, "Eat here, get gas."
For our trip, we drove to Wisconsin to visit some of Drew's family which included all of his sisters and our new little niece, Olivia. It was so fun to see them, I wish the weekend could have lasted longer. Our kids can't get enough of their cousins. They had a ball going to the zoo and later playing outside in the mud. The adults enjoyed playing games, talking, and eating delicious food. Kelly is great at making us feel welcome.
Through out the course of last week, Andrew had a fever which started last Monday night. When it wasn't getting any better, I took him to the doctor on Thursday. "Everything looks good," she told me, "But come back if the fever doesn't go away." So, we continued with our plans and gave him Motrin pretty much constantly. But, while we were away, his fevers were relentless and very high. We decided to drive back home and take him to the doctor. After a long drive and a long office visit which included many tests, they found that Andrew has pneumonia. I was totally not expecting it! Drew and I are very relieved that they were able to diagnose the problem and that he has started his antibiotics. Andrew was so excited to finally leave the doctor's office that he cheered, "LET'S GO!" when it was all over. For a kid who doesn't speak much, it was pretty hilarious.
Below are pictures of Megan playing outside (yes, we did dress her that day, but she always manges to undo it), James and Matthew at the zoo, Megan and Kate-Kate on a wagon ride at the zoo and cute little Olivia.
7 comments:
Sounds like a great trip, but I am sorry that it was cut short by Andrew's illness. Glad he is on the road to health again. I love the picture of Drew and his sisters! How nice!
fun pictures... but pnemonia! That is so terrifying in such a little body. Are you annoyed at all that the doctor didn't pick up on it the first time you went in? It bugs me when doctors miss things like that...kind of scary. I hope he feels better soon!
Thanks, Denae - he is already feeling much better. And, yes, I was kind of annoyed with the doctor. I was determined not to leave the office the second time around until I was satisfied!
Natalie I'm sooo sorry that Andrew had Namonia. That is terrible. I can't believe that. I'm glad that he can be treated quickly and hopefully it will all be over soon. Thankyou guys again for coming out hear. It was so good to be with you and Drew, and your kids. I love your kids soo much. They light up my life. Even though I have a baby of my own now, its still fun to be the aunt! :)
I loved all the pictures. Drew has a beautiful family. And I'm so sorry, too, about Andrew's pneumonia. The worst! I'm glad that he's feeling better. Even with that trauma, it still looked like a great trip!
Well, Natalie, you scooped me! But, that's okay. You're pictures are much cuter than mine. I especially love the one of the kids lined up behind James. I'm glad that you guys were able to figure out what was wrong with Andrew. He sure was sweet while he was here, especially for a sick kid. It was so great to have you guys here. We love your family so much!
These are so fun to see! I just wish we could have hopped in the car and joined you guys! Such great pictures. I love that one of the siblings on the couch. I hope Andrew is feeling better; nothing is worse than traveling with sick kids! Thanks for posting those fun pictures!
Post a Comment