Friday, June 01, 2007

My Three Year Old


Megan is always making me smile, laugh, stress out or blush. Here's why:

*After seeing a fly get into our house she asked, "Mom, can we buy a new house? This one has bugs in it."

* "MOM! Did you know that you have to kiss when you get married?!"

*While at the grocery store we were maneuvering through a tight spot. A woman without a cart walked in front of us. I didn't think anything of it, but stopped to let her go by. Megan said, "Watch it, Lady."

*During clean up time last week, I gave Megan a specific job to do. Her response: "(Loud sigh) I have to do everything around here!"

*I fixed their favorite dinner of homemade spaghetti. I tried something new and added bread sticks instead of garlic bread. Megan was so excited, she didn't know what to do with the "chopstick," as she called it. During the meal, I noticed her bread stick was gone. I asked her if she ate it all. "No," she said, "I'm using it to see how big my feet are." I looked down, and sure enough, she was putting the bread stick on the bottom of her foot to see which was bigger - the foot or the bread stick.

*While running errands, we saw a woman at the store who was giving us kind looks (the 'I've been there before' look as well as 'little kids are so cute' look). Megan noticed she was observing us and promptly said in a rather loud voice, "Mom, that lady looks tired!"

9 comments:

D-dawg said...

Megan is so adorable! And I love all of her little sayings. The "sigh" and "I have to do everything around here!" is too cute! I can't believe she's only 3... she acts so much older than that!

Jessica Brown said...

Hillarious! I love that she said "Watch it Lady". :) LOL

little miss shortcake said...

too funny & too cute. i think my kylie would like your megan.

Judy said...

Megan is so cute! What funny little stories! Maybe I should be grateful Lexi can't say more! I had to laugh, too, because often when I ask Jeff to do something he also gives a sigh and says, "I have to do everything!" At least you hear it from a three year old! :)

Mindy said...

Megan says the funniest things! I agree that she seems much older than three. Girls seem super fun!

KickButtMommy said...

She is darling. I think she will fit in well with all you strong-minded SM*** women!

Kelly said...

Ha, ha, ha! I love that little girl! And what a way to measure your feet!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, what a doll! Just wait till she's a teenager! She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! How fun to have a spicy little girl like Megan making life interesting for you!