Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July

We had such a fun day! Too bad my camera battery has been on the fritz, so I have no photos to share. Bummer.

We had a lazy morning and then decided to skip the church potluck and venture out a little. We drove about an hour north to a beautiful town called Taylors Falls. We could have rented a canoe and paddled down the St. Croix river, but I thought it would not be a very good idea with the little ones and my roundness. Maybe next year.


Instead, we found a ferry and took a boat ride down the river. The area is so gorgeous! Breathtaking greenery everywhere you look. The river was sparkling and fresh and there were also magnificent rock formations that had been made by glaciers over a 10,000 year period.

After the boat ride and lunch, we took our time getting home and Drew made us a fantastic dinner on the grill. We kept the kids up late to watch fireworks. We're lucky to have a great view of the city show from our neighborhood. Even better - my kids slept so late today! When does that ever happen?

Happy Fourth of July!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I just love seeing you visit places that I grew up going to! What a fun day. We missed you guys yesterday. So glad to hear that the kids slept in this morning!

KickButtMommy said...

What a beautiful river. Sounds like your day could not have been any better.

D-dawg said...

You are SO lucky that Drew cooks!!!!!

Kelly said...

Glad that you could enjoy the 4th. We missed you at the parade and party up Hobble Creek!

Jen said...

Um, where do you live? I am always trying to figure that out. Eeven just the state, for privacies sake.