But ... unfortunately, every Sunday is a disaster zone at our house.
Is it because everyone is together all day?
Is it because we wake up too late and race to get ready in our Sunday dress so that we can make it to church a little less late?
Is it because the church bag is never quite completely ready so we have to toss a few things out and add a few more things to it before we leave?
Is it because we're too tired/busy to iron clothes on Saturday night, so we wear the same things over and over?
Is it because in our attempts to get out the door on time, we leave breakfast spills and breakfast dishes strewn about the kitchen?
Is it because we get home from church and try to feed the kids lunch quickly (while shoving aside the breakfast dishes) so that we can still fit in a decent nap?
Is it because we try to make a nicer meal and dessert that day which just adds to the pile of dishes?
Is it because we want to relax and not worry about cleaning up so much?
Is it because the kids play together so well that we don't want to disturb them for clean up time?
Does a bomb go off in your house on Sundays too?
8 comments:
Amen Sister! It is all of the above!
Absolutely a disaster zone at my house on Sundays... but for a few different reasons. That is the day my husband is home and I am off-duty. So, I ignore evrything and sometimes everyone. And then I come back to reality and realize my husband has not controlled Cannon's toy mess at all! (I of course administer toy patrol all day on my days). This is also his breakfast making food and mess day. He doesn't go to church with us, he spends his time making dirty dishes and crumbs in the living room. So, my happy day usually ends up with me being grouchy about the mess! I am always so happy for Monday morning!
I dread Monday clean up!
Don't you love it when you're running around amidst the chaos, in your slip and robe and curlers in your hair, yelling to the kids to come put their Sunday clothes on, and the Teachers knock on the door (usually with an older companion in our ward) to collect fast offerings?
That's one Priesthood duty I wouldn't mind if they gave up on.
It is so true for me too. That is why Monday's are my worst day. I don't know why Sunday's get so messy but all of those things you listed are very true for us. But I guess it's worth it for a fun day.
I can totally relate to this dilemma! I think it's 'yes' to everything you said. It's Monday evening and I'm still sitting in a gigantic mess. But what's the point of cleaning when another Sunday is just around the corner? :)
YES
Well, I must admit to a bit of Sabbath breaking, I guess. I can't STAND a messy house, especially when we are supposed to be enjoying a day of rest. So our Sunday schedule this year goes a bit like this:
7:00-9:00am: Wake up
9:00-10:00: Eat breakfast, wake up kids, get them breakfast, load the dishwasher with the dishes no one did on Saturday night. Find dirty clothes from last week that should have been washed for church today, and try and sponge out the biggest stains.
10:00-11:00: Realize we are way behind. Yell a lot. Get two adults and four kids cycled through the shower. Yell a lot more. Pack the church bag; forget fruit snacks. Get dressed.
11:10 Arrive at church, ten minutes late.
2:30pm Arrive back home after chatting for half an hour. Make lunch from leftovers in the fridge.
3:00 Crack the whip. Yell some more in an effort to get clothes, toys, videos and dishes cleaned up and put away.
3:30 Attempt a nap with kids arguing over which movie to watch. Fall asleep anyway and sleep until I am a zombie.
6:30 Wake up and wonder what's for dinner.
7:30 Decide what's for dinner.
8:30 Serve dinner.
9:30 Herd kids to bed.
12:30am Finally fall asleep after going to bed at 10:30 because of killer nap.
Post a Comment