Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What Have I Been Doing?

No, the baby has not come yet.

It's 1 am, and I can't sleep. Primarily because the baby is still inside me and I am beyond uncomfortable. And there's a raging storm outside with hale, thunder, lightening - the whole bit. I'm hanging out, waiting for sleep to visit me as I feel my house rattle with each ominous round of thunder.

What better thing to do than blog? Am I right?

This past week, I have been totally wrapped up in three things:

Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse

Awesome books. I found that Stephenie Meyer (the author) developed the characters so thoroughly and beautifully, that I missed reading about them once I finished the third book.

Have any of you finished these books? What did you think?

In the meantime, scroll down to read about Megan's birthday. Oh, and don't worry. I still have a few more birthday posts coming. I know what you're thinking. Oh joy. But, I simply have to share the fun with all of you! So, there's (still) more to come!

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Thats funny. I was wondering why you were up so late commenting on my blog. Then I thought, duh she is 9 month preggo. Who can sleep?

D-dawg said...

Natalie, I have only read Twilight so far. I am waiting for my friend to finish new moon so I can borrow it. I loved Twilight! It is a book that you cannot put down and so you must read it all in one day. Are the other 2 like that? I can't wait to find out if she gets bitten!

Mindy said...

I'm only half way through New Moon, but it just started getting good so I'm excited. I loved Twilight so much. And I truly, deeply love Edward. :)

Good luck with these final days of pregnancy! I'm anxious to hear all about the new little one!

Brooke said...

I'm SO glad you liked them. It's fun to get "lost" in a book for a few days, isn't it? I just finished the third one -- what did you think?

Jessica Brown said...

Natalie first of all I'm sorry that you are so uncomfortable. When I was a few days away from my due date I got so desperate that I went and ran the 150 steps that go from the RB up to the bell tower at BYU five times in a row! My midwife told me that would help. Yea- it didn't.

Second of all I love the Stephanie Meyer books. I didn't know the third one was out. Brooke introduced them to me. They are a fun read!

Thirdly don't apologize ever for your posts. I love seeing all of the birthday celebrations! Those pic's of Meg and her friends are darling.

Sorry for the novel.

Jen said...

Yahoo! I am sooooo glad you loved them! I felt like such a nerd at Barnes and Noble last Tuesday when I picked up Eclipse...along with all those tweens! But, I too LOVE Edward and want Jacob gone. I have high hopes for book 4, New Dawn!

Good luck on the baby! I mean, all the other kids at home with a new baby! Yikes.

Natalie said...

Denae, yes I think the 2nd and 3rd books are like that too (page turners, I mean).

Jen - I'll email you more of my thoughts so as to not spoil it for anyone else :)

Laura said...

I keep hearing about these books! I think I'd better get reading!

Judy said...

I'm almost finished with Twilight, and I can't wait to read the others!

Jeni and Dave said...

Natalie, would you be willing to loan these books to me? I just finished Harry Potter and now I'm seeking some more fun fiction. Although my husband hates it when I'm into a book, because he gets no attention!

Evelyn said...

Yes- I need to read those! I can't tell you how many of my friends absolutely love them. I'm going to have to go on line and order. Sorry you can't sleep! Hurry up baby!!