Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another Random One

I have a couple of random things to post and no clever way to connect them with a witty title.

So, here goes.

We arrived home from church on Sunday and I noticed that we forgot to close and lock the front door, as it was slightly ajar. Oops. If a burglar had entered our house and ransacked the place, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. That's how bad of a mess we left things so that we could make it to church on time. As Sunday Explosions go, this was one of our best.

I've decided that I have some new pet peeves. Want to know what they are?

*Stepping on something wet with socks on.
*When you have to sneeze while you're in the middle of applying mascara.
*When you're talking with a friend and you see the dreaded speck of spit leave your mouth. As it is happening, you can see it all in slow motion.

Next topic: See this photo of my cute little guy? He loves cars and it's obvious that he's inherited my obsessive need for order. See how he's arranged them so beautifully? Makes a mom proud (sniff, sniff).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maika used to line up his cars like that too. I secretly loved it, for the same reasons you do - there's nothing like learning to love order at an early age!

Kelly said...

That is one big line of cars!

Isn't spitting on someone the worst?! I'm sitting here trying to decide, which is worse. Spitting on someone accidentally or being spit on. Well, I know which one is more embarrassing...

Jen said...

Love the cars in a row! Hate mascara sneezes!

Cheesy Mama said...

I thought my Ben was the only one who would make lines of cars like Andrew. He has to have them all facing the same way too and gets mad when you turn one or put it in line the wrong way. Does Andrew?

KickButtMommy said...

Funny you mention that. One Sunday our garage was broken into and it took us all day to realize it. We thought we had just left the door open. Then we started realizing stuff was missing. Who knew in that mess?

Brooke said...

I'm with you on the socks and wet things. Yuck!

Andrew is so cute. Look at that organization Natalie. Darling!

little miss shortcake said...

how about stepping on a toy with every step you take, thus skating across the floor and nearly braking your ankle... all just to get some more milk to be spilled?

i hate stepping on things.

bsmith13 said...

To all you moms out there: Every red-blooded american boy lines up his cars. I did. Tony and Adam did. Nathaniel did. I know Owen did. It's what makes us who we are!

Mindy said...

That line of cars is so cute! I also can't stand stepping in something wet with socks on. And the spitting thing happens to me all the time! So embarrassing!

Jessica Brown said...

Yea I definetly think spitting on someone is worse than being spit on. And I feel you on the mascara. Why do those things always seem to happen on the nights when you didn't get enough sleep and your late to church? Thanks for yet again another down to earth post!

Judy said...

I'm with you on all of your pet peeves. I a noticed a few new ones recently, too...the most recent is people who let their dogs poop in the middle of the sidewalk and then don't clean it up. So rude!

Evelyn said...

So true! I freak out if I have to sneeze during mascara application. And our home is never messier than on Sunday mornings- utter chaos.

Jenny G said...

Wow, that's a huge line of cars. He would be great friends with Jack...he does the same thing. Only he has to line them up from bumper to bumper like they are in traffic! Though I have never seen such a long line before!

Mad Queen said...

What... a messy house Sunday morning? I have no idea what you are talking about? We never have a mess... our home just has the unfortunate luck of getting hit by a tornado every Sunday at 9:00am on the dot. What is even scarier is that this same tornado followed us to Japan!