Monday, September 03, 2007

FAQ's

So, here it is.

My first post in a long time. And my second post since being a mother of four. While I hoped to make this debut something exciting and fantastic, I decided this was a great venue to answer some of the most frequently asked questions I get.

1. How are you feeling?
Good, good. You know, like I just had a baby. Or a truck pass through me.

2. How is baby Emily?
Very sweet. Eats, sleeps and poops just as expected.

3. How are the kids reacting to Emily?
They adore her and are very generous with kisses, leaving her hair and face sticky. James thinks she smells so good. Megan only refers to her as "the girl baby," and Andrew always says "I want to hold her baby..." In the mean time, my two year old has turned into a major climber. We had an incident with peanut butter and Ovaltine that was not pretty. And mom's mascara. "Sooo, this is what it's like when mom nurses," He thinks to himself.

4. How was the delivery?
The epidural was done incorrectly, making the anesthesiologist a waste of space.

5. How are you sleeping?
Um, you know, like you sleep when you have a newborn. Right now, my bed is a piece of furniture to be admired and not to be used for any length of time.

6. Are you still in your maternity clothes?
Yes, and I am impatiently looking forward to losing the weight. Although it always takes me a little while. However, I think it's important to pace myself. First thing's first. I need to finish off the economy size box of Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars that are in my freezer before any serious dieting begins.

7. What is it like having four?
Long pause... Nervous laugh. What was the question again?

8. Do you have any more pictures to share?






17 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Natalie! I have been going through Nat withdrawal. Even my friend Kelsi asked me where you were! I missed you so much and am glad all is well...um...going as expected. Wish I were there to come spend a day with you and help out. Let you take a nap or something. Emily is absolutely gorgeous and I can see why the kids want to kiss her and smell her all day! Eat an ice cream bar for me girl. I still remember when Miles and I came to your apt. at Wyview and had M&M ice cream sandwhich cookies. HOLY COW! I can't ever find those but crave them to this day.

Kelly said...

oh, natalie, i love her! seriously jealous of that red headed baby! thanks for answering the questions we're all dying to hear about. hang in there. i can't believe that you've already had drew gone on business and 4 kids ON YOUR OWN!!! impressive. and have an ice cream bar for me (not that i won't have one for myself, as well).

Laura said...

Smitty- I've been looking forward to another post from you! I've been thinking about you and hoping you were recovering okay!! I know it is a hard time! She is adorable!!

Jeni and Dave said...

Hooray for school today! I hope that helps your life run a little more smoothly! I think we're all due for a girls' night out (maybe we should just all gather at someone's house and take a nap instead of chat!).

Brooke said...

Three cheers for Natalie's return! I've been thinking so much about you Natalie and hoping all is well. What a BEAUTIFUL baby girl. What beautiful pictures. Thanks for your update. We LOVE you!!

Jessica Brown said...

I got to agree with kickbuttmommy I too went through Natalie withdrawals. I have to tell you your blog is one of my favorites. And all though I missed it dearly, I was so glad to see that you were resting as you should be.

I love the pictures of Emily! She's so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! Love you!

D-dawg said...

Natalie, I cannot get over how cute she is with her big lips and the softest looking face! Thank you for answering all of these questions... they were the exact ones I would've asked you. I'm glad you blogged again... we've missed you. But I bet it has been a nice break from the outside world? I hope soon that you're bed will get some more use. In the meantime give Emily a kiss from me cause when I look at these pictures I just want to hold and kiss her! She is seriously so sweet!

About Me said...

Natalie, your blog is great. I can't believe you guys just had your 4th! I remember when you were pregnant with James! Wow, how the time flies. Emily is beautiful and I am so glad you shared your blog with us. We will keep you posted on our little guy...when he comes. I just pray that my epidural works (unlike your experience!) That really makes me nervous!

David Paxman said...

I'm so excited to come and meet Emily in person. I hope to give you a little respite.

Judy said...

I've missed your posts, too! I love you answer to #7! I'm sure it is so much work having four. By the time I get there you'll be an old pro!

Cheesy Mama said...

Glad to hear you're doing okay. Hope things pick up for you soon. You have beautiful children and I wish you the best.

bsmith13 said...

Hey Natalie,

I know how you feel about the delivery without effective anesthesia. Oh, wait. I've only had kidney stones, not kids. But I'm fat. Does that count?

Emily is a doll! You should know that Alyson keeps telling us she wants to "visit that baby Emily at her house RIGHT NOW!"

Michal says "hi". She told me to because she is reading over my shoulder, but probably everyone would say "hi" if they were down here watching me type. Much Love, B.

Mad Queen said...

Natalie... Emily is gorgeous! I love her round face and head... she is squeezeable. How fun to add another girl to the mix. I always said that every girl needs a sister. You make beautiful kids!
-Tracey

kim dance said...

She is so beautiful! And man, you hit those questions right on...I'll just cut and paste to my blog in a few weeks after my baby if you don't mind! :)

little miss shortcake said...

You are so funny! I hate all the questions that come with being pregnant and having a baby, and I've only done it twice!
Your baby looks so beautiful and sweet! Definitely an Emily. When I was little I prayed and asked if I could please at least just have one baby with red hair... okay, maybe I wasn't that little... it was just before I had Kylie.

Evelyn said...

Natalie- she is gorgeous! What darling pictures. Loved reading your Q & A. You are amazing to handle this new transition so well with such an upbeat attitude. I almost killed myself just adding Dane to my existing family. Thanks for posting! I've missed reading your blog... but no pressure!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I love the pictures! Sorry about the epidural. That stinks!