Anyone seen my camera?
I want to post some pictures of Emily. As soon as we find the camera, I'll show you how much she's changed. Her smile is so delightful. It makes me giggle every time I see it.
In the mean time, I realized I promised my dear friend who tagged me that I would answer. Here is it.
Where did you meet your husband?
We met in New York City. We were both serving as missionaries for our church.
We know what you're thinking. Just so you know, the church was trying out a new pilot program to see what it would be like for an Elder and a Sister to be companions. We were the first ones to do it. Looks like it worked out.
In case you don't know me or my sense of humor, that was a joke.
What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I don't remember exactly. Probably something like, "Hi. I'm Hermana Smith." I do remember seeing him and thinking that he has a countenance that is crystal clear.
Where was the first kiss? The first date?
For our first date, we doubled with Kelly (Drew's sister) and some guy (NOT nearly as cool as Jared - Kelly's current husband) and went to a WNBA basketball game at the Delta Center in downtown Salt Lake. We went out for ice cream afterwards. I still remember the flavor of ice cream Drew had.
As for the first kiss, we were at a party in Midway, Utah. Such a beautiful place. During the party, we decided to go on a walk outside. It was during that walk that he FINALLY kissed me. Took ya long enough, Drew.
Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
Pretty short. We dated for four months and were engaged for four months. Wow. Sounds shorter to me now that it did 8.5 years ago.
Where did you get engaged?
In the Provo temple on December 19th, 1998. The day Kelly & Jared got married.
How did the reception go?
It was fun! We had a dinner and dancing afterwards in a charming home in Memory Grove of Downtown Salt Lake City.
How was the honeymoon?
We went to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. It was a great time. We went parasailing (I still wonder that we're alive today) and had lots of cheesy songs sung to us in restaurants. Everyone looked at us and mumbled "Ahhhh. La Luna de miel." That's Spanish for honeymoon.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I got the better end of the deal when I married Drew!
13 comments:
You and Drew are so great together and now have a darling family. I hope you find your camera cause I really need an Emily update.
That was fun! I didn't even know half of that stuff about you guys.
I gotta say though, it was a fun reception! I still remember Jared's flashy dancing!
It's so fun to be reminded of how it all began! I remember seeing the twinkle in both of your eyes- but the ablility to keep in it until after the mish! You were BOTH the BEST missionaries in the mission!
Your reception was BEAUTIFUL! I remember your pictures- the mood and the whole thing was perfect!
hermana? i thought your name was natalie. and then i figured it out.
I still remember when Drew got home from his mission and he was showing us pictures of the missionaries from the NYC North mission. I remember pointing to your picture and asking about you, and Drew got, as the Hoopes would say, POWDERED!!!
That was when I knew we hadn't seen the last of Sister Smith!
I wish you had told the best story from your honeymoon. I remember when you came home and were going through this courtship! It was so much fun. I still remember sitting at Jamba Juice with you talking it over! YAY!
I love that you guys met on your missions. I've heard you both say that you were always strictly professional, but it seems like the perfect scenerio for a really dramatic, romantic movie. I loved reading a bunch of details about you and Drew that I didn't know!
Heather - are you referring to the pillow case being set on fire by the candle in our hotel room? Or our car breaking down the morning after our wedding night and we had to call our parents? Both stories totally crack me up, but I didn't know if Drew wanted me to post them here ... guess it's too late, huh?
Wow, Nat, Drew is going to kill you for posting that! I've still never heard the whole fire story, but I'm sure it's a good one. So funny!
And your reception was one of my favorite I've ever been to. I loved it. Very classy...just like you!
Yes Natalie, those are exactly the stories I was talking about! LOL!
Fire? Pillow Case? Hotel Room?
Please fill in the blanks!
Wow, I'd never heard either of the honeymoon stories before. This was a great post; fun to read, and I learned some new things. You and Drew are a great match and compliment to one another. And I feel blessed to be related to you both!
Loved reading about you and Drew. You guys are such a special couple! That is so neat that you met on your mission- I guess I didn't remember that. Also- I didn't realize that we were married the exact same week! BLake and I on Dec. 26th 1998!
Post a Comment