Monday, November 26, 2007

A Few Things Everyone Must Experience


Do you like this postcard? My sister sent me a box of "Post Partum" cards, and they're hilarious! This is my favorite one.

I should be ashamed of myself. Only one post in November? I must make it up somehow.

And now let me share with you just some of the things that have kept me distracted. I decided that these are things that each person must experience at least once in their lifetime.

Have you ever held a two year old while he throws up on you?

Have you ever discovered a plastic cup in the toilet planted by your two year old?

Have you ever entered a room in your house (the one with the nicest carpet) with the innocent purpose of turning off the lights only to find that your two year old has emptied a bottle or two of Elmer's glue in various spots?

Have you ever found your two year old perched on a corner of a bed and urinating on a lovely Pottery Barn quilt?

Really, this is exciting stuff. When it happens to you, give me a call so we can talk about how fun it is.

16 comments:

Mindy said...

I love that post partum postcard! So funny! What happens if that's how you feel and you haven't just had a baby. Hmmmm....

I loved seeing another post from you! I'm sorry that so much crazy stuff has been going on. We've been experiencing the throw-up thing here, too, but no one has thrown up directly on top of me yet.

And although no one has urinated on a Pottery Barn quilt, Jude is into taking off his diaper in different parts of the house and I don't discover it for quite some time. I'm sure their urine hidden everywhere in our carpet.

I hope that things calm down for you and that you have a great December!

Laura said...

Oh, NO!! That sounds like FUN! I am sure you are just trying to get through the day! I have heard that which ever number child it is- it takes that many months to recover! I believe it! Just hang on!

Cheesy Mama said...

Question 1: Different age, but yes.
Question 2: No. Lucky me.
Question 3: Kind of. Youngest with bubbles.
Question 4: Kind of. Oldest was dreaming he was hitting the toilet, when in fact he was standing in the middle of the hallway.
I have seen those post partum cards. They are so funny. I wish I could still use them.

I am right there with you, babe.
Keep your head up and here's looking to a quiet Demember. (If that's possible.)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like Andrew has been busy!
Go to Pet Smart (or some such pet store) and get Nature's Miracle. Use it on the PB quilt - I think you can even use it in the washing machine.

Oh, and if your Andrew is anything like my Alex, you better hide your sharpie markers and lock down all your tape.

Jenny G said...

Oh my, that sounds like a really fun month! Love the card. Good luck...it will get better.

Alicia said...

Your "little sweetheart" is really keeping you busy. What a month! I hope your Pottery Barn quilt recovers...because then you'll be able to laugh about it later. When these fun things happen to me in the future I'll feel better knowing I'm not alone!

Teuscher said...

Don't we love those 2 year olds-- why is it always them???

Love the postcard- describes me to a T. I tried putting away clean pots in the fridge Sunday, someone asked me to sign a reimbursement request Sunday at church and had nicely placed a pen with the paper and I spend three minutes looking for a pen ( maybe it is just Sunday??) no unfortunately it is just the state of being I am in that I must regrettably admit to

Jessica Brown said...

And I thought pulling some books off a shelf was bad . . .

Brooke said...

Oh Natalie! How crazy. I just love that postcard. That's just how I feel. I start so many things each day that I never finish. Thanks for sharing to remind me to laugh at our household disasters.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh I have missed you! Seriously two year olds are one of life's greatest challenges.

Jen said...

I never had a two year old like that! Maybe this one will be the gem I hear about! I do work at a daycare and my everyday is filled with similar stories.

Evelyn said...

Oh- that is too funny, Natalie! You have had your hands full. I'm amazed at all that you do with four children! You are a super woman!!

Rachael said...

Oh I love that card! So funny! Thank you for posting that one - what did the rest say? Must be good.

D-dawg said...

Natalie! I'm dying over your experiences. Those are just too funny but oh so stressful too. We've missed your blogs but I know you're so busy! If I had a new baby I wouldn't be blogging either.

Keri said...

Your two year old sure seems to keep you busy. It made me laugh because it is nice to know I am not the only mom who gets distracted. I am the worst. My kids have to say my name more than once before I even notice. Love the pictures of your girls. There is nothing better than sisters.

Jeni and Dave said...

Love the postcard! I so can relate. I think I've experienced most of these. Did you get the glue out? We steam-vacuumed ours and it's still a bit crunchy. I'm not sure what to try. Any tips?