One box Devil's Food cake mix (but I especially like Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge)
2 eggs
3/4 cup shortening
Mix all ingredients together. Roll into walnut size balls. Bake 8-10 minutes (closer to 8 is better) at 350. Use your favorite store bought frosting to frost in between cookies, making a sandwich. Can add peppermint extract to the frosting.
12 comments:
natalie, did you get a new camera?
Those cookies do look good. Have any good recipes for sugar cookies? I need a no fail sugar cookie recipe so I can do Chritmas cookies for my kids. Mine always end up stuck to the counter top and by the end of the baking experience, mom is not happy and the kids are not having fun.
Sadly, no, I didn't get a new camera. Why are pictures of my kid blurry, but the shots I take of food come out better?
Yum! That sounds so good with the peppermint in the frosting.
YUMMY!! Maybe I will make those for my neighbors!!
Hmm, I might have to go buy the stuff and make them RIGHT NOW
Thank you!!! Those look fabulous and so easy...I'll all over it!!!!
Thanks Natalie! I would like to add that we do this cookie with a twist. 2 minutes before they are done, put a large marshmellow cut in half on top of each cookie and pop it back in for the rest of the time. Then when they cool, eat them like that, or frost with chocolate icing!
yummy! This is making my tummy rumble...I wonder if I have a chocolate cake box in my cupboard:) This seems like the perfect recipe...it has chocolate, and is easy and fast.
My husbands mom makes 'em! Yum. Did you take that picture? It looks like it is out of a magazine!
Those look so good! And that is a great picture too!
Post a Comment