Friday, January 11, 2008

Anatomy of a Holiday

Cookies for Santa


Christmas Morning Smiles


Visiting Utah
We had a wedding photo taken of us in this very spot 9 years ago ...



More of our Temple Square visit

Keeping warm


Everyone just before the U of U game. Go, Utes!

A visit with Adrienne!

Uncle Tony always makes us laugh

Fun family parties




Sledding was the greatest!



And don't forget swimming

Andrew with Aunt Jessica

Drew & Jaron decided to run outside in the snow and then hop back in the pool. C-R-A-Z-Y.

Making a gingerbread house with Grandma.
Emily saying Hello :)


Next was bowling. James has the skills. He always pointed to the right direction for the ball.

The whole gang!


Final score: James beat Drew & Uncle Rich.

Are you tired yet? There's more.

Next: The trip home. We got a little (OK, a LOT) sidetracked due to the snow and freeway closures. But after a few detours, tons of different interstates and three days, we made it home safe and sound.

Our kids love hotels. They thought it was a party!


As much as I love these red rocks, I really didn't want to see them, since they were a few good hours off our path home.

Moab?! What the...

Can we just get home already?



Our car was worse on the inside, believe me.


Here's what we all felt like doing when we got home.

20 comments:

Cheesy Mama said...

Holy cow! What a trip. I bet you are more than glad to be home. Great pictures.

KickButtMommy said...

I am so glad to see your post. I kept checking hoping to hear all about your holiday and trip. The pictures say it all. As the mom of 4 young kids traveling and putting on the biggest holiday of the year, you must be exhausted! But looks like you kept on smiling and made it special for everyone. I worried about you driving home in that storm! Glad you made it safe and sound!

kim dance said...

wow! what an adventure! looks like you all had very EVENTFUL holidays!

Anonymous said...

Wow.
You need a vacation from your vacation!

Mindy said...

Wow! I love all of the pictures! I know how it feels to drive in that weather and get sidetracked and it is so AWEFUL! I feel for you, especially with four kids! Your kids are adorable and it looks like they had a great holiday. And you look so amazing! Four kids? I can't believe it.

Jen said...

Yeah! A Post! Wonderful pictures. Sad to miss you, here. I love the picture of you with Emily. Fun to see Adrienne. Where did you swim? That pool is gorgeous! Moab??? Not even the way from here to there!
BTW- Got Bumblebee at Costco in October- before we knew it was THE must-have toy! Lucky us!

Kelly said...

Natalie, I'm glad to see the fun outweighed the long trip home. I love all the pictures. The kids look so happy and so great and you and Drew both look amazing too. We missed you!

Laura said...

What a GREAT TRIP!!! What an adventure!! I am sure you guys had a blast! Adrienne- how is she? What is she up to? Glad you guys made it home safe and sound!!

Brooke said...

Natalie, it was fun to see all your adventures compiled together! What a few weeks for your family. I am so glad that you made it home safe and sound. Thanks for a wonderful week and all the fun! Our kids keep talking about James & Megan.

Camie said...

So would you say that the twin cities to Utah is a driveable distance?? Maybe during the summer time is better??

Keri said...

Did you drive to Utah????? Looks like you have a wonderful trip. There is nothing like famiy at christmas. I love seeing pictures of your family. Your kids are so cute. I love seeing pic. of Drew. He still looks pretty much the same. Just a little older. Only a little.

Natalie said...

Camie, yes it is a doable drive. About 20 hours or so. We drove straight through on the way there. And we have decided to only do it in the summer from now on :)

Jenny G said...

Those are some great pictures. Bless your heart for hauling the family in the car for Christmas. It looks like you had a lot of fun. And I might add that you look so good...have you really had 4 kids!

About Me said...

We sure had fun seeing you guys at the family party. I am glad you came all the way out to Utah...even if the drive home took forever!

Allison said...

Loved your vacation pics- it was neat to see my cousin Brooke in your photos too! I just need to get one thing straight Natalie. . . . are you a U of U fan??? Don't worry, this won't change our friendship. . . that much.

Chad and Sara said...

I am so glad we all got together. When you come in the summer we have to do something for sure! Driving across the country is no fun. We did it twice, to Florida and back. I can't imagine doing it with kids, your brave. Happy you made it safe.

D-dawg said...

Such cute pictures Natalie! It looks like you guys had a great trip... besides the detours at the end. Your family is so cute.

belliesue said...

What a fun vacation! Sorry we missed you in Grand Island. That would have been such a fun surprise!

AD said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas break TOO! I love all your pictures and I am jealous you went to Moab.
I was so glad I got to visit with you Natalie! Your children are adorable and I am glad I got to see them in person.
Hope we can get together again soon!

Mad Queen said...

Okay, now I don't feel so bad for posting a long Christmas photo blog. I like to spy on other people's holidays. Looks like you guys had a fun trip. I really laughed at the place you took a picture at 9 years ago and now here you are with 4 kids... time flies when you are having fun... right?.... fun.... yeah, fun... FUN! And hey, I didn't see any Christmas smiles on you... (I even caved an posted an ugly christmas morning picture of my on my blog) did you get that cute Pottery Barn stuff you hinted at? Like the reindeer glasses and such. Hope you got some goodys.