Monday, January 14, 2008

For All You Lord of the Ring's Fans Out There

Here's a favorite excerpt from a recent book I've read:

"Do you like ... films?" I ask at last.

"Some," replies Jess, frowning thoughtfully. "I like films that say something. That have some sort of message."

"Me too," I agree fervently. "Every film should definitely have a message."

Which is true. I mean ... take the Lord of the Rings movies - they've got loads of messages. Like "Don't lose your ring."

12 comments:

Laura said...

THAT IS GREAT!! TOO FUNNY!!

PS- no baby yet- next week is the big week! EHHH! I have lots to do still! I'll keep you posted!

Jen said...

You are so funny!
Lessons are everywhere. At our house we count America's Funniest Videos as educational: What you should never do with...tables, trampolines, bikes, fishing, etc.

Mindy said...

That is really funny! What book is it?

Rachael said...

Reminds me of a Homer quote,

"Marge's book was about as useful as To Kill a Mockingbird. Which taught me NOTHING about killing mockingbirds. Sure it made me not judge a man by the color his skin. But how does that help me?!"

Celia Fae said...

Okay, I've seen your name all over Denae's but I could never figure out which blog you were, so I'm glad you told me. Why are you the Moody Blogger? Is that a joke, because you look pretty happy to me.

Natalie said...

Celia: I'm the Moody Blogger because I'm always changing my mind, my moods, my blog layout and colors, and even the paint colors in my house.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how much I've missed! Emily has grown a ton since the last pictures I saw, and the diet I remember you talking about must be working, because you look great (not that you didn't before) but you definitely don't look like you had a baby like, what, four or five months ago? I look slightly pregnant just from all the holiday goodies I consumed last month! :)

I'm impressed with your Christmas road trip. We lived in a hotel for 5 days trying to find a rental house here, and it almost killed me! Three days with four kids and a new bed every night doesn't sound fun to me. It's good to know it can be done though!

necia said...

Life through the eyes of Becky Bloomwood!!! Got to Love it!

bsmith13 said...

Ah Natalie...I DID warn you...

Jessica Brown said...

You crack me up! Thanks for the laugh!

Cheesy Mama said...

My pregnancy crutch, pre-galbladder problems, was a McFlurry, french fries and an apple pie. Sad thing is, I still ask Dave to go get me this once in a while. I love salty and sweet together. Although he helps me with the fries, I'm embarrased to say I can polish of the rest no problem.
Everyone has a crutch. You wouldn't be human if you didn't.
And believe me. I'm ALL human!

Mad Queen said...

Oh my gosh, now that is funny. Good advice. See movies/books can actually teach you something.... it only took 3 incredibly huge and painfully detailed books to teach us not to loose your ring. Love it.