This is my new system for rating movies. In other words, how long it takes before someone lets out a very loud this-is-a-lame-movie sigh.
Often, Drew brings home a DVD for us to enjoy after the kids are in bed. Recently, he rented a movie just for me. And I knew that he didn't really want to see it. The best part was that he sat with me and watched it. Just to spend time together. And he still gets points even though he fell asleep during it. The sigh factor for this particular movie was a 10. Meaning it only took 10 minutes into the movie before I heard him sigh. But, he stuck with me for the whole movie anyway.
It's the little things that make you feel loved.
12 comments:
No fair, you gotta tell us what lame movie this was so we DON'T see it! I mean come on... you are leaving me hanging. I like the idea of the "sigh" factor. We also have a "fast forward" factor... it doesn't happen too often, but sometimes we start fast forwarding parts that drag. Lame lame lame. Oh, and I like the new look on your blog... cool title with the stitches... very sheek!
I know just what you mean! Blake despises chick flicks... but will occasionally watch- and I love it!
Ok- that video of Megan was too cute! I love it.
I know just what you mean! Blake despises chick flicks... but will occasionally watch- and I love it!
Ok- that video of Megan was too cute! I love it.
Dear Mad Queen ;)
I believe the movie was Ms Potter. It was cute and a little slower. Definitely not an action adventure!
I always knew Andrew was a good man and dad but I had no idea how good. Lucky you.
I was dying to know what movie it was. I have never seen it but maybe I shouldn't? That is sweet of Drew. Dave will do that for me, but I'm mean and won't really do that for him. The other night he wanted to watch, bill and ted's excellent adventure. I watched a little and then had to leave it was so annoying!
Denae (and everyone): It is a good movie, I would definitely recommend it. Just realize that most husbands probably won't be totally excited about it.
Ah, I'm so behind. I just finally read your last few posts. I heard about your crazy trip home. That sounded awful!!!
And hello...you look great. I thought you looked so skinny over X-mas! But, don't you just hate that losing/maintaining weight is a life-long, never ending battle? Ugh. Lately I've been into salty things (versus my usual sweet cravings).
And that video of Megan is the cutest thing! It makes me want to get Lexi in a dance class!
Ha! I was just plotting on getting that movie to watch tonight after our "date" since nothing good is in the theaters.
I'll just tell my hubby it got great reviews!
Hmm, better slip in "Hairspray" while Drew's not looking . . .
I have to wait for Ryan to go out to a concert or something to see a chick flick! I liked Ms. Potter- but I love Beatrice Potter and her books.
You should listen to Glenn Beck talk about "Bonnet Movies" vs. "Laser Movies"...you and Drew would laugh.
Post a Comment