So I guess that makes this post for ... well, almost all of you.
James:
*Recently, he requested that I not pick him up from school so that he could walk home by himself. We have walked the route together many times, so I granted his request. That afternoon, he took a really long time walking home. Just as I was about to leave the house to find him, I saw him turn up our street. Here's what he said when he got inside. "Mom, do you know why I took such a long time? I turned onto the wrong street and then I got lost. So I said a prayer that I could get home, and when I opened my eyes, I remembered where I was!"
(OK, I get a little choked up every time I think about this. I'm so glad he knows he can pray when he needs help. - choking up now - Ok, moving on.)
*He's loving school and has progressed so well. He works hard and even enjoys doing his homework. Most of the time.
*He frequently says the most sincere "I love you, mom" you'll ever hear. Out of the blue. Sweet kid.
Megan:
*Recently, we visited the restuarant Noodles & Company. Upon receiving her bowl of pasta, she said, "I see the noodles. Where's the 'and company?'"
*She changes into 38 different outfits a day. Here is an example of what she does in a five minute time period.
*She developed a rather painful sore on her forehead. We were getting ready to take her to the doctor, so we tried to examine it one more time. As we were looking at it, and trying to feel it, it was obvious that she was in a lot of pain because she yelled at the top of her lungs "CHOCOLATE MILK!"
(Unlike James's experience, this one cracks me up rather than chokes me up. I'm so glad she knows that she can turn to chocolate when she is in pain.)
Andrew:
*Well... he is up to his usual stuff. (See also picture of broken DVD.)
*He's the most polite little devil you'll ever meet. He is very good about saying please and thank you before he destroys something.
*Every morning, he hands me his binky and says, "Here. Put it up high so James and Megan can't reach it." Hilarious because obviously, James & Megan would never want it.
Emily:
*She's doing the expected six-month old stuff: rolling over, starting solids, sitting up a little bit.
*She is all smiles. See?
*Here she is live.
26 comments:
It is kind of funny to think that my kids were just watching that movie at your house on Friday. I guess Andrew has been a busy man. Sorry!!!
It is kind of funny to think that my kids were just watching that movie at your house on Friday. I guess Andrew has been a busy man. Sorry!!!
Your kids are adorable, sweet and hilarious! What a well rounded family. SO CUTE!
That is the cutest story about James! And I'm glad to see that Megan already understands that chocolate is the remedy to any painful situation!
That is a sweet story about your little boy James. I love how your little girl gets all dressed up. Believe me it never stops. YOur little boy and my little boys should get together. They have the same clothing atire and like to pounce on things too. THanks for the update.
I still think James looks the most like his dad. And that video of Emily is darling! I love those little baby sounds at this age. Hate to see mine grow up so quickly.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the video of Emily. It brought tears to my eyes and I really miss you all right now. The kids are darling.
Thanks for the glimpses and the reminders of the cute personalities at your house. Love them all. It was so fun to see Emily on video--so sweet! I love updates!
James' story of walking home is so similar to Drew's story of walking home and saying a prayer to cross a busy street (I've told that story to my children many times). They have such good examples, no wonder James knew just what to do.
I love how little kids just has so much faith! Your kids are so cute. Thats so funny Megan loves to change her outfits, Chads the same way.
such cute stories about such cute kids. i love how each of their little personalities are so different.
Wow, where do I begin? The picture of James and Megan all decked out in snow gear should be in a magazine it is so cute! I love the little bits about each of them. They are priceless and so full of life. I also can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that Emily is keeping her red hair! YAY! I miss you Natalie!
So happy to see a post! Your kids are great.
Glad James found his way safely home- send that in to the Friend.
I love Megan's style(s).
Devils are polite- that is their secret weapon!
Ah- babies! What a doll Emily is.
Your family is so cute! I love to hear about Andrew, he cracks me up! Maybe because I am not chasing after him.
Your family looks so cute! I love the picture of Andrew as superman. Your kids make me laugh. They seem to be very perceptive. I love it.
Thanks for the update Natalie! Your kids are such characters. I wish I could hang out with y'all on a regular basis - it would be very entertaining. Cute pics!
I loved all these cute stories about your kids. What a full house you have! That is so sweet about James saying a prayer. I think he and Kobe are a lot alike. It probably has something to do with them being the oldests.
How far does James walk to school? Kobe has been begging me to walk home from school. And I would LOVE to not have to go and pick him up every single day. But I just don't know if it's too far or not. How far a walk is it for James? Do you feel safe? Are there busy roads?
Just loved it! Megan and her outfits is hilarious! (She and Maddie are alike.) And that was such a sweet story about James. I remember a similar experience when I was in Kindergarten, and it marked my life in a way by learning about prayer for myself. That was really neat to hear.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
That baby is delicious. I love the video. I might have watched it more than once.
Now I need to talk about that ingenious brownie pan. Could there be a better invention?
Your kids are adorable. So glad James made it home safe and sound. And Andrew in his Superman cape looks just like Drew!
Natalie, you have the BEST stories. The chocolate milk one is so funny. I love that she screamed for chocolate in her agony. Also, love the binky story too. As if anyone would want a nasty binky... they're only delicious to 2 year olds. Cute cute family.
Love the pics! Loved the stories! What a great post. I can understand your emotions with James' story. Aren't we glad that our families' are being watched over!
So cute, Smitty!! I think our kids would get along GREAT!! James sounds just like my oldest, Quincy and Andrew- just like my William!
our baby girls will just be 5 months apart! We need to see you guys next time you come around!!
Hey there! Thanks for checkin' out my blog. That video is adorable! Love love love the superman shot. That's a blackmail pic if I ever saw one! Ya know, for when he's older and all. ha ha
your kids are so cute!
at least megan can and is willing to change herself - i still have to shackle kylie down to get her dressed.
How sweet are they! Okay the first picture is definitely "calendar" worthy... wow that looks like it should be in a magazine! Gorgeous! And yes tear, tear about James getting lost and praying... scary for mommies to hear that... yikes. My kids have all done the "change their clothes 50 times a day" phase... jonas is STILL in that phase... from Zorro to Superman, to Buzz Lightyear, to Luke Skywalker... the list goes on. AND I MUST TELL YOU that both Jonas and Emma were really horrible awful toddlers... the kind that try to cut fish or drink out of public toilets... scary stuff... but I am happy to say that phase does leave although it lasts for a really really long time. 4 gets better... but still yesterday Jonas colored a LARGE red and purple circle on the carpet (colored in perfectly... nice). AHHHHH. I thought I was getting past "that" stage. Hang in there lady.
Now Miss Emily is a button.. she is starting to resemble Megan a little... maybe her mouth or smile? What a cutie pie! love them up Momma!
Oh Natalie- I am absolutely dying over Megan's chocolate milk scream. That is the funniest story ever! Ok- and how cute is little Emily?? She is gorgeous.
Love the updates. Your kids are darling.
Post a Comment