Thursday, February 14, 2008

Reasons Why I am Glad

I am glad that I married my honey.


I am glad that I don't have this table (although I love it) ...
because this is what ours looks like:

I am glad that I blog because my great friend who likes to be called Bozo made me this beautiful scarf after I praised her knitting skills as shown on her blog.

I am glad that I have such an awesome mom. Look what she sent me! To understand the coolness of this, click here.
The pan didn't disappoint. My only complaint is that now it's much easier to polish off an entire pan of brownies by myself. Going ... going.... gone.


I am glad that I have a smart English-teacher-extraordinaire for a sister and her Red Pen Friday posts. She has introduced me to Geeky Grammar Lady who reminds me of all the grammar facts I forgot from high school. With her help, I will soon talk real good.

I am glad that my daughter is an artistic genius. Look at this. Very Salvador Dali.


I am glad for such a kind and generous friend who lends me all her books and movies. The most recent of which I loved. If you want a funny, quick and delightful read, I highly recommend this:
I am glad that I have my fellow bloggers to report to. I've reached my half way mark for my weight loss goals. So, I'm posting half of an 'after' picture. You didn't think I'd show my trouble spots, did you?

17 comments:

Keri said...

I don't think I've ever used the word fewer in my life. I am glad you introduced your sisters site to me. I will be looking at it every friday now. About the table. I like yours better. I shows character and that you have little kids who are creative and you let them be. Your honey is a great man. I will forever love Drew. All the Hoopes kids. Oh and lucky you on your weight even though I think you looked great 2 months after your baby.

little miss shortcake said...

your table looks a lot like ours... and now our monitor, too.
i'm jealous - you get corner pieces AND you're losing weight!

Megan Nordstrom said...

Thanks for reminding us all there are a lot of things to be glad about. It's hard sometimes to remember, especially in the winter! Also, I had a good chuckle over your previous blog about Andrew. Someday, he will get far because he is so persistent!

Mindy said...

I loved this 'glad' post! That picture of Drew and baby Emily. And our table is totally thrashed, too. I echo the comment about being very impressed that you can eat brownies AND lose weight. I also agree that you don't look like you have any weight to lose. You amaze me. I'll have to get your tips after my pregnancy. I can't wait to check out your sister's blog now. I always question my grammer and I would love to tweak it more. And I'm very excited about that book. I've been looking for a fun read!

Jill said...

Cute post! It's nice to see people be positive...there is too much negativity in this world. We do have alot to be GLAD for!! Fun reminders.

Jeni and Dave said...

Yikes, Natalie. Teyah turned 8 months yesterday. That means I have 1 month left and I watched the scale go the wrong direction this week. I have to stop procrastinating. You are inspiring to me. We need to hang so you can send me some good weight-loss vibes. You're looking great girl.

Chad and Sara said...

Weightloss? I saw you just a month ago and you looked great! Your little girl is so cute. I miss you guys and hope we see you come summer.

Laura said...

Smitty- you CRACK ME UP!!! I want to start Austenland- heard it was good! Can't wait to see the WHOLE you!!

Judy said...

I feel like some of the other comments - I saw you at X-mas, and I don't think you need to lose any more weight! But, congrats anyway! Man, after getting back to my "goal weight" I realized that it still doesn't take me back to my "goal look!" :) I think those days are good and gone...(sigh)!

Ooh, and I want to read Austenland, too! Maybe I'll get that next. I just finished Eat, Pray, Love, and it was good, but I wasn't totally drawn in to it like I thought I would be.

Rachael said...

Your posts so make me laugh Natalie. And excellent suggestion about the book. I'll have to make a trip to my library soon.

KickButtMommy said...

Love the book, love husbands cuddling with new babies, love the brownies, love surprises from mom, and love you! Your neck and chin look fabulous and your humor keeps me going always!!!!

Jen said...

I am so glad your mom sent you that pan! MMM, brownies sound yummy!

Jenny G said...

I am honored to have made the "glad list!" Your half picture cracked me up, so much that I made Josh look. You always keep me laughing!

D-dawg said...

Natalie you are so cute! I love the last mini photo of you... congrats on your weight loss. Also I totally imagined myself sending you that brownie pan and how happy you would be! But of course my budget is limited these days and I couldn't. But I'm so glad you got it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom!
Where's MY pan?
It's so not fair.....

Mad Queen said...

Great Valentine's Day blog! Simple pleasures at its best. Taking the time to stop and look around us and appreciate and LAUGH and breathe and then be grateful and LAUGH some more... keep on truckin' Momma you are doing a great job!

What is funny about your brownie pan is I don't like the corners or the crusty parts... so how can I find a pan that just makes it all middle? Ha! Your colored table is a crack up... you are a relaxed Momma to have a table like that. In Japan everyone uses these clear table cloths that keep them "scribble and stain" free. It kind of looks dorky, but I like the idea. Fun times!

Good luck with with the weight loss goals... although if you get any more beautiful I just might have to slip something into your drink... you know to keep down the competition... ha!

Happy days.

Evelyn said...

Oooh.. congrats on your weight loss goal! It took me a year and I'm only on my second!
And... I'll have to read Austenland- looks good.

Your blog is always such a joy to read!