Friday, September 26, 2008

The Final Update, Fairy Tale Style

Once upon a time, there was a little family. This family had many summer adventures.


In addition to playing, swimming, going to the park, and celebrating birthdays (see post below), this family enjoyed a trip to the state fair to partake of every kind of food you can imagine on a stick. The favorite part of the fair was the pretend garden the kids planted:




Speaking of gardens, this family feasted on fresh vegetables from their garden all summer long. Special thanks to D for making it happen.



Because this little family lived far away from loved ones, they planned a summer trip home. (Look at that view of home. Isn't it lovely? Sigh.)



On the way home, they lost a beloved family member in the middle of Wyoming. Their carriage tried to hold on. But, in the end, that big, dumb deer was just too much for it.

(Update: To answer your questions, the car was totaled. We had to buy a new one while on our vacation.)





It was a busy weekend in the-middle-of-nowhere-Wyoming. No rental cars were available for a few days. This little family was not about to sit around and wait. So, they took matters into their own hands. They were determined to get to their destination no matter what.

Not really. Thank you to an awesome uncle who drove from Salt Lake to Wyoming to pick us up! You're a lifesaver, Jordan.



When in Utah, a fun time was had by all with cousins galore.





After the trip, they returned to their far away land. A few weeks later, they were delighted to have Grandma & Grandpa come to visit. It was a perfect way to end the summer.

The End.

17 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't believe what happened to your car!!!!! Did you guys get a new van? Did you get it on your vacation? Where you all in the car when you hit the dear? That is so crazy and scary!

What a full and fun summer you guys had. I love the top family picture - especially James. Am I safe to guess that he wasn't happy about getting his picture taken just then? I have A BUNCH of pictures just like that!

Evelyn said...

I'm so glad you are back! It's wonderful to read about your fun life again. So sorry about your car! I can't believe it!!!! I bet your hair is beautiful, despite the drastic change.
Yeah! so happy to have your blog back!

Laura said...

Busy- busy! WOW! SO glad you are all safe from that! I bet that was a bit of a pain trying to get a car!

Love the garden!! YEA!

Anny said...

What a fun vacation. It's always fun to get the kids together with their cousins. And Grandma and Grandpa, lucky! As for your deer adventure, I'm so sorry. We hit a deer on a road trip and just about rolled, it was one of the scariest moments of my life. Fortunately our car was not totaled. It only set us back $4000. Hopefully a new car is a good thing? Cute post.

KickButtMommy said...

What a gorgeous family. I love James in the first picture. He looks like Christian, not at all happy about a picture! Sorry about your van, but it is so exciting to get a new one, huh? I can't believe you guys make the trek all the way home to UTah! You are so amazing! Love you guys!

lani said...

...and they all lived happily ever after. (you forgot that part :) What great pics--we love you guys!

Marti said...

Yay! You're back in blogging land?! Looks like you guys had a great summer (except for that accident...boo!).

Jessica Brown said...

what a lovely garden you have. I love it. That was so fun seeing you guys in Utah. I'm still sorry about your car. Dumb deer!

Judy said...

I remember hearing about your accident. So crazy! And so not fun! But I'm glad you all were safe. I wish we could have been there that week, too, to see you guys! Next summer????

Britt said...

I'm glad your back in the blog world. It hasn't been the same without you! :) And look at your little one! All that red hair - I love it!

At least the deer gave you a good reason to update!

Chad and Sara said...

I hate a deer in the headlights. Your poor car. Hope the new car is treating you well. Your kids are so dang cute and looks like this summer was so much fun. Yes I loved Breaking Dawn and I am sad there is no more. Are you guys going to visit for the holidays?

Allison said...

At Sarah's summer camp, James told us a story about an unlucky deer's antlers scratching as they were dragged under the car. . . now I can really visualize it! I love how you always have a positive attitude! You guys are just the greatest!

Rachael said...

I'm so sorry about your car. That's the worst. And yet it comes as no suprise to our family that it happened to you in Wyoming. Wish we could have been there to help.

At least you got to take advantage of the few things Wyoming has to offer - like the Martin Handcart company. We spent a very hot Saturday there once as well. Did you go the whole route? Did you go through the water?? The water was our favorite part.

Jen said...

There are safer ways to get a new car, you know!

Mad Queen said...

Whoa, what an adventure! Good for you to document it so cute and "fairytale"... makes a horrible situation not seem so bad. Maybe you wanted a new car and this was not such a bad thing? Glad everyone was safe!

Jill said...

An adventure sounds like an understatement!!

amandapack said...

great to hear from you again. One more blog to keep up on!