Monday, January 19, 2009

Update. What a Boring Title. I Know.

Here are a few happy pictures to give a quick update:


Little E loved Christmas morning. She stole the candy canes from every one's stockings, and wasn't the least bit interested in her gifts. So, I put her presents away for now and we'll re-wrap them for her birthday in August.



Big A got a train set for Christmas and he was so excited. In this picture he's yelling "Choo-choo train!"






Some cute smiles from Miss M and Mr. J


After Christmas, we had a visit from Grandma & Grandpa. It was such a fun week! One afternoon everyone visited a local food shelter to do a service project. Here they are hard at work. I love the way Aunt Jennifer is smiling in these photos - like she's just so happy to be serving.




And we also got to celebrate Grandpa's birthday with him on New Year's Eve with a big breakfast, swimming at the Y, a delicious dinner and rides at the Mall of America the next day.

This past week we had an unexpected five day weekend. School was cancelled Thursday and Friday. But not because of snow. Because of cold temperatures. If you watched the news here you'd hear words like "arctic blast" and "coldest temperatures in years." With the wind chill it reached 40 below. We didn't leave the house. I'm sure we could have if we had a death wish. So we hung out in our PJ's, cooked ebelskivers, and made some crafts. Including these lovely hats made from napkins.





I have been in a daze the past few months. A handful of stressful things have been happening all at once. A couple of them resolved themselves beautifully just a few days ago. And a couple of them are still stressing me out. I'm not going to get into the details right now. I'll save that for another post when I have more perspective. Just wanted to explain the lapse in posting and commenting.

Hope you are staying warm where you are. We're all so ready for school tomorrow.

16 comments:

Cheesy Mama said...

Hope those smooth out for you. Glad your kids enjoyed Christmas. The pictures are sweet.

Kelly said...

Little E's Hair! It's so long. When did she stop being a baby? Thanks for the "update." That's just what we want you know. Love to all the chilly Hoopeses in Minnesot-.

KickButtMommy said...

Natalie, I love the pics of your kids. Little E changes so much and just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I love your house and the fun things you do. I was thinking about you when on the news they said if you were outside for more than 10 minutes your face would freeze. OUCH! Love you so much and hope the stress fizzles out soon! I am glad to hear some of it has.

Laura said...

I've missed you! Darling pics of the kids! Welcome back!

Mindy said...

Your Christmas looked great. Little E is so cute - and her hair! It is so beautiful and it will be so fun to see it in ten years all long and gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about your stressful times. Even though I have no idea what is going on, I feel I can relate to the feelings you described. We have to face such hard things as grown-ups and sometimes I just wish it didn't come on so fast. I'm glad to hear that some things got resolved. That's always nice!

(PS Wasn't Wyview heaven on earth? Every time I think back to Wyview, I realize how good we had it. Our trials were stress about school, but very little else. And we were SURROUNDED by people who were going through our exact same trials. The best.)

lani said...

Cute pics! And aren't you glad the arctic blast is over? It felt like spring today--I think we hit the 20's! And I feel for you on the stressful whirlwind of life--I'm thinking about you and hope things work out for the best.

Kathryn said...

We had so much fun with you in Minnesota. It was so great to have a service opportunity with James and Megan. How lucky are we to have such great grandchildren and you and Andrew. Thanks for being great hosts.

Jessica Brown said...

All I have to say is I WANT A RED HEAD I WANT A RED HEAD I WANT A RED HEAD!!

Ok so thats not all I have to say, but what a cutie! Looks like a fun Christmas, all except the 40 below bit. . . brrr, that made me cold just reading it!

Chad and Sara said...

I am gald to hear you guys had a great Christmas! Loved all the pictures and your little E is so adorable.

Melynda said...

Yeah your back! I hope all is well!

Brooke said...

Natalie, it's so good to hear from you and see pictures of everyone. Little Emily in that hat. Cutest ever.

I hope that your stresses are resolving one-by-one. It's the worst when they hit all at once. Thanks for keeping us updated on your family through your blog. We love you!

Anny said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas and New Years. Cute pictures! Funny comments - always love them. Sorry about the cold and life's stresses (I so understand).

Keri said...

Never boring. Love the catch up. Love all the pictures of your kids. Love the red hair and sweet faces. have fun in the snow.

Jen said...

Good to see you haven't frozen solid out there.

Rachael said...

Ebelskivers rock! Go Natalie! I think canceled school days are kind of tough because it gives you little notice to plan something fun to do with the kids.

KickButtMommy said...

I just noticed the organized shelves in the back of J's pic. I LOVE it.