Who's screaming now?
And why?
Finally, I see my sweet little boy with his hand stuck in my car door.
(Gasp!!) I had slammed his hand in the door!
It looked horrible. And I mean really bad. I had to take him home. He fell asleep as soon as we got home. Because of the trauma, no doubt.
Later, D took him to urgent care only to find out that his finger is broken. I broke my little boy's finger. They can't do anything for it because of the location of the break. But he is on medicine so that the bone doesn't get infected.
I'm so sorry, Big A.
This is one for the history books.
18 comments:
Oh, NO!!! POOR THING!!! Don't worry, I still think you are an awesome mom!! XOXO to him!
Oh Natalie, how horrible. I am SO SO SO sorry. Of course it can happen to anyone, but I know that doesn't make you feel any better.
That's pretty bad but I don't think it deserves bad mom of the year award. I can think of worse things. Hope your little guy feels better.
Oh Natalie, I'm so sorry. Obviously you know it was an accident but I know that doesn't make you feel any better. It's that rude grandma's fault for sure- let's blame her!! I hoep you have a better day today!
I was wondering where you were. I saw the baby with Drew in the parking lot and then it was just him +2 (no baby) in your row! And who would ever have the nerve to comment on your flawless figure? Just let me know, I'll take care of it. One more thing... the physical damage we do to our children is easy to repair. It's the emotional I worry about!
I'm so sorry! You are not the worst mom at all! The other day Olivia was walking up the concrete stairs of our apartment and asked for help. I was ahead of her, and said "Your ok Liv, you can do it" only to turn around and see her fall backwards down the stairs! I was so lucky she didn't get hurt. I felt like the worst mom in the world! I cried. Don't feel bad! It will heel!
Poor little guy. It was an accident, so don't be too hard on yourself... which reminds me... Did they give *you* any meds?
P.S. Did Grandma Pope move to the north west?? :)
Oh my. That is so sad. I live in fear of those moments. Darn nosey lady! It is all her fault.
That is sad Natalie. Jenn got her fingers in the car door a couple of times. Once she slammed the door on her own finger, and the doors were all locked so it took a minute to get the key out ant open it. It is pretty traumatic.
Regardless, you're a great mom. Don't every think otherwise.
Hi, I have never been on your blog before. I just wanted to tell you that I know exactly how you feel and you are not alone!!
I did this with my 3 year old daughter! I couldn't see her on the other side and shut the door on her fingers. with it locked. and it was just stuck there until I could fumble for the keys and open the door. Ugh. It's a bad feeling. We have been paranoid about where hands are when we shut doors for a long time now. We can be so hard on ourselves can't we? But, that does not make you a bad mom! I am sure you are an amazing mom, because you really care. I'm sorry.
YOu are now an official mother. It happens to the best of us. I wont even tell you the things I have done. It is all apart of being a mom. Did the lady ever corner you at church....
Oh, what a bad day! I'm so sorry--hopefully it will heal soon and this will all be a distant memory. When Ty was 2 I was letting him help me cook, and he burned his hand really bad. I felt terrible. He still likes to show me the scar sometimes and remind me about it :) not funny, kid.
i am sorry, but that looks bad. did you shut and lock the door on his finger? j/k giving you a hard time, we have all done it to a brother, husband or child.
how did this sunday go? no injuries i hope. :)
Natalie - I'm really sorry about the broken finger and I can definitely commiserate with you about the whole mother-guilt emotion.
But...that picture of Emily (?) in the background bending over...I was laughing so hard - it just reminds me exactly of My Pretty Girl right now - the same body shape and movements. It's one of my favorite stages. So fun and cute - it's hard to not hug them all the time.
Again, sorry about the finger on A. I just got distracted by Emily.
Oh my gosh... are you feeling like a piece of dirt or what? Not to make you feel any worse than you already do, but Glenn accidentally slammed my finger (same one) in the car door about 5 years ago... it STILL HURTS... if I bump it a certain way (barely bump) I scream in horror as if I newly injured it... I think it did something to the nerves... nerve damage.... now how do you feel? :) I hope his finger heals more nicely than that. And hey, that lady can GET a CLUE if she is noticing your weight... she must be REALLY REALLY REALLY bored... how traumatic!
Hey Natalie! I haven't commented forever. I've been on a blogging break, so I'm just catching up slowly.
Oh, that is the worst, especially when someone is watching! Last year our new neighbor watched as I almost ran over Lexi - I was running in and out trying to get everything in the car to head to the gym and forgot to put her in! I felt horrible, and she talked about it all day. Oops! But yes, we all have those moments, and you are a great mom. Any new parenting tricks to share? I need some ideas for my little wild ones!
natalie,
i finally went and bought the windex with vinegar and am loving it! Thanks for the recommendation! How are you? Thinking about ya.
Post a Comment