Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring? Is That You?

We just finished Spring Break and had a lovely Easter weekend.


Here are some highlights:
*General Conference and Easter. It was a spiritual feast! I think Easter is my favorite holiday.

*Managing all four kids on my own on a Costco trip during a busy Easter weekend.

*Going on a bike ride with my family which is a big deal when you're in my condition. Seriously, I am patting myself on the back for that one.

*Spring Break fun even amidst snow storms; swimming, children's museum, library, park, Martians v Aliens movie, and enjoying some lazy mornings.


Here are some not so highlights:
*Not paying attention to the giant basket of clothes I dumped in the washer. When switching loads, discovered I had laundered a frisbee and a couple of toys.

*Trying to find a parking space during the busiest time at the YMCA. Took too long. Gave up. Drove to the grocery store next door. Bought a doughnut.

*Forgetting that stake conference was a satellite broadcast at our local church building. Drove myself and the kids all the way to the stake center, while the husband was at a different building setting up chairs. Ended up spending the meeting in separate locations. Husband was very worried we had gotten in an accident. Oops.

*Locking my keys in the car. Did I mention it was running? And my two youngest children were inside? And my husband was out of town? (Thank heavens for AAA.)

And now some pictures for you:
Doing the Easter egg thing


Easter morning

The hunt!



I'll just eat chocolate, thanks.



Pictures outside the wrong church building



Each time I'd kneel down to take a picture of her, she'd kneel also. Her white dress was not so white after that.



And here you have it: The way most of the pictures of my kids look.




Our Sunday afternoon walk around one of the lakes. Yeah, we have a few of those here.

13 comments:

jane said...

I love all of your pictures. I can't believe how much M has grown up. She looks so much like you in these pictures, she is beautiful. And I love E's hair, it is getting so long.

Donuts are a staple during my pregnancies. I love a good maple bar. yum

Anny said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter/Spring break. Your baby has grown, I love her hair. You gotta love family pictures when you really want a good one!

Jenny G said...

What a cute family. I've always feared locking my keys in the car with kids, and running. Glad you did that one for me:)

Natalie said...

Jenny: Your kids are still young. There's plenty of opportunity for you to do it before they're grown. Believe me. :)

Jessica Brown said...

I'm still laughing about the no gym donut thing. Ha ha.

Cute pictures! And that is my biggest fear too, locking my keys in the car. One time I accidentally locked Liv inside Scott and Annette's home when she was little. They were out of town and I left everything inside, my cel phone everything. Luckily she has friendly neighbors who had a key!

lani said...

Cute, cute pictures! I agree, it is next to impossible to get a good pictures of all 4 kids AT THE SAME TIME! Loved the candid photos--most of ours are like that, too. And you are awesome to go on a bike ride pregnant--you should get some more donuts to celebrate that feat :)

Laura said...

I hear you... spring is my fav and there is SNOW outside on my lawn!! AHHHH! I WANT sunshine!

monica said...

love spring!
what cuties!
ok, so take me back a couple of years ago..didn't you accidentally lock james in the car at costco?
something like that can't happen twice, can it? :)
seriously that is my worst nightmare, locking the car with the keys inside. oh and to add kids the the car while the car is running would leave me crying.
i'm glad you were able to get the help you needed and quickly!

Jen said...

Your posts crack me up. Ya know, if you wash a couple toys with each load you can keep them all sanitized! What a time saver. Can't believe how long Little E's hair is! Such cute kids.

Brooke said...

OK, seeing these makes me realize that I need to see many many more pictures of darling little E! Her hair is so cute, her dress is just darling, and I can't believe how big she is.

All of the kids look so great. What a great picture of the four of them. Wish we could celebrate Easter all together!!

Chad and Sara said...

Love the Easter dresses. So darling! E's hair is so cute, I love it. Hope you are feeling good to.

Rachael said...

My favorite was the doughnut part :)

Mad Queen said...

Your family is so cute, I can't stand it :)! I am laughing at the scrambled eggs for brains that are bouncing around in your head... wrong church building, locking keys in your car, washing frisbees... I do all of that stuff and I am not even pregnant! Hmmmm what is wrong with me? I am working on NO JUNK FOOD... going on 2 weeks now.. and there is a pack of peeps (my favorite candy in the whole world) still sitting on my counter. My husband said "why torture yourself, just throw them away".. but I say, it shows I've got WILL POWER... and then I ate two yesterday...ahhhh.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
-Tracey