Thursday, June 25, 2009

Little E

My adorable Little E.





E loves to feel pretty. Her favorite thing to wear is a dress or skirt. When she's all dressed and her hair is done, she says, "Coot! I coot!!" That's her word for cute. Her other favorite thing to say when all dolled up is pitty for pretty.

She is an amazing communicator, and it is so fun to hear her imitate everything that is spoken. I especially love to hear her attempt at saying the letter "r." She always speaks emphatically. Her effort shows that she's really trying to make a place for herself in the family. She's not content being left behind. Here are a few of her cute phrases and words:


Gay-goo, Yur-welkom! (Thank you, You're welcome. Lately, the two phrases are always spoken together)

See-ah-YATER (See you later)

Chomowmulk (Chocolate milk, her new favorite snack)

Pay! (Play! Something she always wants to do the minute she wakes up.)

Open-NIT (Open it!)

Ooachie! It-Hurt! (Ouch, it hurts)

Oh, Ma-uhn! (Oh, man!)

First thing in the morning she wants to get dressed into something cute. She lets me know this by saying, Cute, Cute!



She is my daughter - no doubt about that. She loves chocolate.


She is a self-soother. I think the fourth child develops that skill out of necessity. She is a thumb sucker and has a cute little overbite. But there's more. Recently, she hurt her hand on the shopping cart when we were at Target. She cried a bit. Then kissed her own hand to make it all better. I was laughing so hard. Sorry mom, you take to long to help me. I'll just take care of myself.

She is very polite. She rarely wakes during the night, but occasionally, she's sad or needs a little attending to. Recently, she was crying in the middle of the night. I went in and soothed her back to sleep. When putting her back in her crib, she was slightly awake and whispered, "Gay-goo," to me. A week or two later, D went to check on her just before we went to sleep. Even though she was asleep, her foot was stuck between the slats of her crib. D adjusted her foot back in her crib. She woke, whispered "Gay-goo" to him and went back to sleep. She also loves to say "bess you" after anyone sneezes or coughs.

She is musical. Little E loves to sing. We sometimes listen to the Momma Mia soundtrack in the car. Out of the blue one day, I heard her sing "Supah Troopah," just like one of our favorite songs, Super Trooper. It was hilarious. She also sings to herself Twinkle Little Star, Old MacDonald, the ABC song, and a few primary songs.


Little E is fond of dancing. When watching her older sister, or any other dancers, she puts a great deal of effort in imitating their movements. Seeing her nearly two year old body do this is so dang cute. Looks like I better consider dance classes soon.


She has a healthy sense of accomplishment. When teaching her how to be reverent during prayers, we'd clap and congratulate her after saying 'Amen.' But now after every prayer in our home, she finishes off by clapping and yelling "Yay!"

Her laugh is contagious.

E really loves her family. After she wakes, she says every family member's name as a question. She is happiest when playing with anyone of her siblings.


She Especially loves babies. She carries her dolls around all day and must sleep with two or three of them at night. She kisses and cuddles her dolls. When she sees a real baby, she is completely fascinated. It will be fun to see her with our new little one.

Little E has a bit of a feisty personality at times. She can yell louder than all of us put together.


She is helpful. No doubt, she learned this from Miss M. E loves to clean up while singing the Barney clean up song: EEE-yup, EEE-yup!


E is so beautiful. When out in public, we get so much attention because of her red curls and blue eyes. As a result, she is quite friendly. Everyone must be so happy to see her, she figures.



The more she grows, the more I'll have to share, I know for certain. She is darling and such an adored member of our family. I love, love, love her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily is sooo cute!

KickButtMommy said...

She truly is precious! What a special little lady!

Jen said...

Who wouldn't be happy to see her? Too cute.

lani said...

Your little E is adorable--especially sauntering off in her little heart swimsuit. And I love the tributes to your kids--I agree with your theory and am so glad you shared. It will be a treasure to your kids, too, to read all about the great things you love about them.