This is our church bag. So big that it looks like we're staying for a couple of days. I knew that when I knocked over a kind sister at church with this thing, it was time to streamline.
I decided to switch to something like this:

Problem was, it was too small. I had to take two additional bags to help carry everything else we needed. That would not do.
I calculated the most minimal things we needed to get us through three hours of church.
Diaper stuff (check)
Emergency snack for the baby (check)
Reverence books and minimal coloring pages (check)
Stuff for our respective callings (check)
Scriptures and lesson books (check)
A few personal items - gum, lipgloss (check)
Next, I organized our church stuff. Assigning everything a specific place in our new and improved church bag. I was a little disappointed to find that after much careful thought and organization we're pretty much back where we started. 
So... it looks like we'll be staying for a couple of days.
4 comments:
Gorgeous bag!
I have that same bag in the first picture. Gap, right? I still use it, too.
Can you have the older kids carry their own church bags?
Every time I try to take less I wish I just had the other bag. You are not alone.
That really is such a good observation about church bags. It really does look like you're going to be staying a while - you just wish it was some place more exotic - and perhaps, less restrictive than a solitary small bench.
Post a Comment