I could try to explain why it's been so long since I've posted and all that, but I'm not going to. I'll just give you five reasons. See the above photo of all the little feet. Oh. Gotta add the last set of feet to that picture.I'll be honest my friends. Five kids age eight and under is a killer. And I love my kids so much. Baby S is just so scrumptious. We adore her.
It's still just dang hard. Add to that all the post partum emotions. Basically, lots of things make me cry. Tears come when I don't have sour dough bread for my sandwich. Tears come when watching the ending of the movie Cars (seriously, what a great guy that Lightning McQueen - giving up the Piston cup like that...). Tears come when I realize that Al Frankin is my senator.
Anyway. Wanna see some pictures?
We were so grateful to have both sets of grandparents and Aunt Jennifer here for the baptism. 
(Although I would recommend to all you moms out there that if you can, you should avoid having something major like this less than a week after your baby is born. As you can see from the pictures, I am feeling pretty horrible. Something not even the most expert of all Photoshop experts could fix.)
The next day, Baby S was blessed. D gave her the most beautiful blessing. How grateful I am to be married to a worthy priesthood holder. See how pretty she is? 


Not the greatest pictures, but it was an important day for Baby S, who was surrounded by many people who love her. That's what matters.
Fast forward seven weeks, and see how much she has changed?
Stay tuned for more posts. I'll do my best to catch up on posting and commenting. I've missed you all, my blogging buddies.
16 comments:
Oh how I have missed you! S is beautiful and so are you. Hang in there and you will find your groove.
I have teary eyes just reading this post. That new baby is so dang cute, and they are so precious but so hard all at the same time. I wish I could come and help you out some. Hang in there, they won't always be little:)
S is beautiful. Don't blink, they grow so fast.
The babe is luscious. I think I could eat her.
Perhaps what you need is a European vacay? Seriously--I hope that you and Drew just relax and enjoy. It is possible.
Also, I totally understand the tears. I once cried over the cable. The Cable, for goodness sakes!
Also, it always makes me happy to see a post from you. Thanks for the update.
Natalie, I just love reading your posts. Your honesty, wit and optimism are so enjoyable to read. Thanks.
James looks so grown up and handsome in his suitcoat. And baby S is a gem; what a little beauty. We miss you and love you all!!
Natalie, you look beautiful. And your family is beautiful. And I don't have five kids-but 4 is kickin' my trash-so I kinda know how you feel.
I'm the worst sister/aunt/sister in law in the world, I didn't call or anything on James baptism, I hope I'm not adding to your tears right now! I'm sorry. Oh that picture of him in his batismal suit made me so happy. I love James. He is such a special kid. I wish we weren't so far away and could have been there. And a solo at his own baptism. Wow. That is impressive. Will you give him a big hug for me?
That baby S is a doll. Looks like she is eating well. Thats always a great sign! And you look wonderful and beautiful Natalie. I can't believe you have five kids. There is my novel.
You guys are so cute! Another beautiful baby! Love you! Hang in there!
I love all of these pictures! That does sound hard to have so many events happen with in one week of baby number 5. Wow. You are amazing!
And can I just say that I want to scrumpsh your little S. She is such an adorable cherubic little thing.
love you.
No explaining necessary! You're doing a much better job keeping up with your blog than I am...and I have way less going on!
What a beautiful family you all are! I LOVE those pictures of James in his baptism clothes in front of the picture of Christ. He is just beaming! And it just makes me think...that's what it's all about: eternal families, teaching your kids the gospel and helping them progress.
And baby S in her blessing dress...so cute!
You are a champ! You're amazing! And I'm tearing up just reading your post. I'm totally blaming the pregnancy! Oh, what we women go through!!
I've missed you so!!! You always make me smile, and I feel like I know exactly how you feel with the emotions and being overwhelmed (well, in 2 months I'll really know how you feel). I can't imagine surviving the birth of your 5th, J's baptism and S's blessing all within a week--you've just earned a ticket straight to heaven in my book. You look fantastic and S is adorable.
Hi! Big 11-year-old Sarah here, and I would just like to say that Baby Sarah is AWESOME!!!!!!! I would also like to say . . . AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
Luvs,
Big Sarah
I wanna come visit so I can hold your baby and eat her toes.
She is so beautiful - and I love her dress! And boy does Kath look amazing! - Seriously, I haven't seen them in awhile and she looks great!
I've been thinking of you guys lately. I wish we could see you more often. You have such a darling family!
And even though my post-baby making days are done, I still cry to stupid stuff - like the end of Peter, Paul and Mary's "Puff the Magic Dragon" (It's so sad that the sweet little boy grows up and leaves behind his toys that he plays with now..sniff, sniff). I need to get out more...
Wow, I'd say you deserve time off. It is either good or bad to have a bay close to a abaptism. Bad, well yuo explained that. Good- family to visit and help and see her! Seems like Little E was just blessed. I cannot believe, well I can it runs in the family, that J sang a solo. Tears mandatory for that one.
Okay, I have been out of blogging world too.. big Christmas projects I was working on... whew, now back to my blogging friends!
Congrats on big J's baptism.... that is to date, the most stressful day of my life... 2 kids down, one to go. I think it is right up there with a wedding. Seriously, it is huge... invites, photos, family to entertain, slideshow, program, and desserts??!!
YOU GO LADY that you did this AND a BABY BLESSING! Wow. Give yourself a big hug from me. You deserve a lot.
Sarah is gorgeous and she looked stunning on her blessing day.
Happy days to you dear friend!
-Tracey
Post a Comment