Here's a little chronicle of our trip. No need to look at all the pictures if you're not interested. Be forewarned that I'm putting a lot of pictures on my blog since I plan to publish this someday. I want to remember every bit of it!
( Oh, and one more note. I do not plan on relating the historical significance of everything we saw. If you want to know those things, I suggest you sign up for the BYU study abroad program. I understand their director this year is excellent. )
Day one: Trafalger Square
Great view of Big Ben from Trafalgar Square.
Pop Quiz: What is Big Ben?
Hint: It is NOT a clock.
The National Gallery.
I saw works by DaVinci, Michelangelo,
Rafael, Van Gogh, Matisse, Monet,
Pollock and Titian, just to name a few. So amazing!
Next stop: Evensong at Westminster Abbey.
The singing was especially beautiful.
Jenn & Me just outside Parliment.
To finish off the evening: Dinner in the crypt of St. Martin-in-the-fields. After dinner, we enjoyed Vivaldi's Four Seasons played by the Festive Orchestra of London. They also performed Pachelbel's Canon, Bach's Concerto for two violins, and Mozart's Salzburg Divertimento. It was a dream to be sitting there listening to my favorite music of all time!
(I'm not kidding. This was seriously one of my dreams. And it came true!)
5 comments:
what an exciting vacation for you! can't wait to read more...
I have only one thing to say: I wish we'd been there with you!
The sites, the company, the music? Oh Natalie! What a wonderful time!
It was wonderful wasn't it?! How blessed we were to have you with us.
one month you have a baby, then your son is baptized, then your off to London. What an incrediably busy mom you are! What exciting adventures to celebrate.
Post a Comment