I was making the kids a pizza for lunch. Nothing fancy - just a frozen pizza. Shouldn't be that hard, right? Hmmmm. Depends on who the chef is. I tried to convince James that yes, it really was a pizza. And, no, it probably didn't taste that bad. Just scrape off the burnt parts... But he wasn't fooled.
This experience inspired me to post one of my best kitchen secrets on my blog from which all of you could benefit. Did you know that one of our favorite dinners in our house is (drum roll) cold cereal? Yes, it's wonderful! Have you tried it? You should.
Now, we don't do it all the time - not even once a week (like we used to during finals when Drew was in grad school), but some times it's just a nice break from cooking and dishes. When people say, "Let's have breakfast for dinner," forget the pancakes and eggs. Too much work. If you do use this idea, don't thank me, thank Generall Mills, Post and Kelloggs.
2 comments:
Cereal for breakfast is one of our favorites, too! I always thought when people said, "Breakfast for Dinner", they were referring to cereal. What else is there?!? :)
Natalie! I have totally served my kids cereal for dinner. The first time I did it, I have to admit I felt a little guilty. But it was soooo easy and they love cereal anyway, and it can be healthy if you give them good cereal. Like you said, sometimes you just need a break from dishes and cooking. Especially at the end of a long and tiring week. And for me it's a nice change from hearing, "ew, yuck, what is this? I'm not eating theis!"
Post a Comment