Friday, October 13, 2006

Please bless Joe Dirt













Megan is spunky and just plain fun. Her personality is difficult to put to words, but once you spend time with her, it's easy to join the crowd of those who adore her. She just turned three. She's got sparkly blue eyes, sun kissed hair and a cute little round face. She has become James's partner in crime and refers to him as, "My James."

After Megan has a bath, Drew likes to joke around by combing her wet hair straight back. The result: A mullet that isn't too pretty. It looks a lot like the main character in a movie called Joe Dirt. (Some of you may seen the movie? I'm sorry to say that I have...). This has become a favorite joke in our family. However, Megan thinks Joe Dirt is a family member, because she prays for him every night. "Please bless mom, dad, James, Andrew and Joe Dirt..."

She is at that age where she communicates quite well, but the pronunciation of words is a little off. Here are some examples with the accompanying translations:

Turmadoes = tornado. Ellagators = elevators and/or escalators. Lizard-uh-boz = The Wizard of Oz). Stunk = skunk.

EUWtiful = beautiful. Chicken Bra = chicken broth. Z-Z-Z-Zcissors = scissors. Sun scream = sunscreen. Puhhhhnkins = pumpkins. Scare croats = scarecrows.

*Please scroll down below Andrew's blog to see a new one for James. I'm still learning how to format my blog. Thanks!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I am one of Meggie's biggest fans! You are so right about her being easy to adore! I love that little girl.

D-dawg said...

Megan is really cute Natalie! I love the picture of her with spaghetti all over her face, she has the poutiest lips!!!

Natalie said...

Thanks, Kelly & Denae. I think she's got that look on her face because she feels the same way I do when someone wants to take a picture of me and I have a mouth full of food!

Mindy said...

Megan is so cute! It must be so fun to have a little girl! I love their language at this age. Priceless! It's so good that you've recorded it all down to remember. And she does have the most beautiful, pouty lips. Lucky girl!